Worst Ref in recent memory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marshall89 View Post
    You r mad fam.
    Maybe there have been much worse refereeing performances, but i've seen BARE fights with these 'infractions' where they just get warnings, no deductions!
    Lennox Lewis is one, he always pushes the head back wid his arm and tees off using dis as a target, i reckon it was in his fight against Vitali dat he did dis Loads of times eh, but never got deducted points for it.
    Now i can't remember seeing Khan doin much pushing before the 7th round. Peterson kept walking Khan down with his f***in head infronta both feet looking downwards. Dunno about yous lot but for me its an instinctive reaction when im backed against the ropes n his fists are swinging and his heads coming in low... This is how Khan boxes, with distance, the same as PBF does. Its rare seeing 1 point deduction, 2 is a joke ting.
    Anyway Golden Boy are complaining to the District of Colombia boxing commissions so hopefully they overturn the loss like they did for Hopkins, they'll definately order an immediate rematch and Peterson gets Knocked out this time.
    What the f*** was wrong with the knockdown in the first? Yu Americans are Jokes i swear down hahaha so biased its ****ery eh.
    The first time Peterson fell, the second time he got dropped. simple
    I voted Cortez purely for ruining the fight against Hatton...
    If Khan got docked 2 points, then Floyd should have been docked 3 in that fight, but Hatton got docked instead lmao

I wrote dis in a next thread but its been ignored still -

Truth is ya'll American boxers are to smart when it comes to the rules of boxing eh.
    However much a world class boxer Floyd is, he'll always be a 'cheat' in my eyes, Watch the mayweather vs Hatton fight in full n you will know what i mean.
    He's perfected the art of 'cheating' but getting warnings for his opponents. He does this by, when in a tricky situation like up against the ropes taking heavy punches, he turns hsi back on his opponent or somehow manages to twist his head around while keeping his body facin his opponent. when he does this the referee, Joe Cortez in this case, splits them up allowing Floyd a breather and some space, and warns the opponent for punching the back of the head...
    The Hatton fight got split up every time he got in close to Floyd and swingin punches at him. Then Floyd would go on to pot shot Hatton from distance and come in and clinch him, he'd then get split up again either for Hatton punching the back of the f***in head lol or for clinching. Then Floyd would potshot Hatton from distance again............. You see where im goin wid dis lol
    Dats what happened pretty much every 10 seconds of every round up until about the 8th round...

Petersons tactics were spot on though when he switched after gettin dropped and outclassed/outboxed in the first 2 rounds... The way he came in head first with his head down and in front of his feet was just perfect to scupper Khans skills and tactics and to force him to commit the 'foul' lol. Wonder if the ref told him to do dat if he was gettin smashed up in the first few rounds?
    f***in Americans

2 American judges aswell? what a joke that is eh. An American ref and 2 out of the 3 judges. Hey, and guess which judges scored the bout 113-112 to Peterson??? It weren't the non-American that scored it 114-111 correctly i'll tell yu dat lol.

Good fight still. Peterson showed bare heart as always, and by way of a miracle came away with the decision. Even with a 2 point advantage
    Dude, all refs are different. I DO find it hilarious that you basically said that Khan should be able to cheat without being punished. Peterson didn't head butt this dude AT ALL. "This is how Khan boxes, with distance" - Oh, my bad. From now on, let's make it illegal for anyone to fight Khan on the inside! If Khan can't adjust without holding and jumping on dudes head, he needs a new trainer. LOL at Khan looking at the ref like he was in a street fight looking at his dad for help instead of throwing the uppercut more often and ending the fight!

I agree with everything you said about Floyd, so don't assume all Americans follow American fighters only. I also don't like any of the Andre's (Ward, Dirrell, Berto) - even though Dirrell could run the division if he came to fight.

Comment

all...

my fav refs whos been fair has to be weeks and smoger

Comment

Isidro Rodriguez was the worst referee of all time by far.
        I never saw anything like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD91QpMH5no
        Last edited by MotorCityJaguar; 12-13-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

In recent memory Russell Mora by far.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorCityJaguar View Post

WOW! wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              voted for mora becuase of the outrageous amount of blatant and uncalled low blows

but joe cortez, given his body of work ****ing up fights like mayweather - ortiz maidana - khan, hatton - floyd, etc, deserves the most blame

the guy just plain sucks
              consistently
              It's not just recently either, Cortez has been a poor ref consistenly for a long time, I'm thinking back too Starling - Molinares, how he always gets big fights I'll never know.
              Last edited by NChristo; 12-13-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorCityJaguar View Post

That's not bad. That has to be corrupt.

Comment

Honourable mention to Laurence Cole...

Whether it be the erroneous knockdowns of Pac Barrera 1, to the controversial JMM vs Jimrex Jaca ahead on the scorecards blunder, Not to mention the beating he let Pac put on Margarito! Im sure there's more i've missed...

Cole Your doing it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                    Dude, all refs are different. I DO find it hilarious that you basically said that Khan should be able to cheat without being punished. Peterson didn't head butt this dude AT ALL. "This is how Khan boxes, with distance" - Oh, my bad. From now on, let's make it illegal for anyone to fight Khan on the inside! If Khan can't adjust without holding and jumping on dudes head, he needs a new trainer. LOL at Khan looking at the ref like he was in a street fight looking at his dad for help instead of throwing the uppercut more often and ending the fight!

I agree with everything you said about Floyd, so don't assume all Americans follow American fighters only. I also don't like any of the Andre's (Ward, Dirrell, Berto) - even though Dirrell could run the division if he came to fight.
                    I know what your saying b, but im just sayin if Floyd had got docked 2 points like he should have done (goin by Khans deductions) then Hatton would be up on the scorecards and not playin into Floyd counterpunch style causin the KO. Instead he got docked a point for punchin the back of the head, shoulda been Floyd for turnin away from his opponent and constantly clinching, then he would have to go after Hatton.
                    If Khan was American then what would have happened was the ref would split them up allowin Khan the space he needed and he would have docked Peterson (If British) for going in head first!!!

If it was Peterson that was doing what Khan did then f*** would he have got a dedection, he would have split it up allowing him some space...
                    Peterson ruined Khans fighting strengths and gameplan though, just like Ross Pearson did against the better reach of Edson Barboza in UFC. Lamont deserved it for effort alone. Should he have got the decision though? No! and he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                      May I ask why you voted for Joe Cooper?
                      I voted for Cooper because he struck me as being blatantly biased instead of just incompetent.

Pushing is technically an infraction, but it's the least serious infraction a boxer can be guilty of, some pushing off is normal and allowable, and I've never seen a point deducted for it ever before, not to mention in a very close, championship fight,

Then he deducted a second point for the same thing?

Why didn't he deduct a point from Peterson for coming in with his head? That's a more serious infraction and he was doing it all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X