Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Question... Who hits harder? Manny or Miguel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
    are you insinuating that Pacquiao hits TWICE as hard as Cotto?..
    I don't think he is saying that. IMO, he is saying the power accumulation of the landed punches of pac is twice that of cotto.

Comment

Miguel Cotto

Comment

I agree that at the weight Cotto does.

But if they grew up at similar weights Pacman would.

P4P Manny hits harder but he's losing a tad of power at WW. Overall he's still pretty devastatingly powerful, and quick with it too. So that counts for a lot.

He'll be landing a lot more often than Cotto IMO, faster shots, ones Cotto won't see. Cotto will have to land a lot of these slightly more powerful shots to edge it I feel cos Manny's chin ain't bad either, when he gets hit that is.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          how about this theory everyone pacquiao has stopped has had some sort of question marks with them comin into the fight, erik and the weight, barrera had just found out he had a tumor, david diaz aint **** and fought about once every year and a half or so, oscar was never supposed to fight at 147 and he was comin off a fight with forbes where he was left would a bunch of marks on his face by the defensive minded steve forbes and ricky hatton looked like he was going to get stopped by a small lazcano and alot of people had questions about hatton and his career after he lost to floyd
          Hindsight excluded, did you honestly pick pac to win in all of those fights? I did but mainly because I'm pinoy. My unbiased opinion then is that he's lose to erikII, dlh, and have a 50/50 fight against Diaz. The hatton fight I was giving it to pac simply because of his work against DLH.

Comment

Well, we'll all get to see for ourselves this Saturday. Manny is gonna leave you all "wowed", again.

Comment

Miguel Cotto

Comment

Watch the videos and then post an honest, unbiased opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                  Watch the videos and then post an honest, unbiased opinion.
                  Who cares about videos... at BEST Manny would have equal power. For example if you put Cotto in the ring with Diaz, Hatton and DLH would Cotto have KO'd them, more than likely. If you put Manny in the ring with Mosley, Margarito and Clottey would he have KO'd them, more than likely not. But that doesn't really answer the question and really I guess its the context in which the question is asked. Obviously Cotto has a more powerful jab, hook, and uppercuts while Manny's straight left is possible on par or maybe even stronger than Cotto's straight right. I'm still going to say Cotto has better power, and by a long shot just by the build of the fighters. Cotto puts all his weight into punches while Manny lunges and its obvious you get more if you put your entire body into it.

One more thing, with each interview two things stand out in my mind about Manny's and Cotto's opponents answer. They also say how fast Manny is, and how powerful Cotto is. Its safe to say Manny's speed is a bigger factor than his power, while Cotto's power is a bigger factor than his speed.
                  Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 11-11-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                    Who cares about videos... at BEST Manny would have equal power. For example if you put Cotto in the ring with Diaz, Hatton and DLH would Cotto have KO'd them, more than likely. If you put Manny in the ring with Mosley, Margarito and Clottey would he have KO'd them, more than likely not. But that doesn't really answer the question and really I guess its the context in which the question is asked. Obviously Cotto has a more powerful jab, hook, and uppercuts while Manny's straight left is possible on par or maybe even stronger than Cotto's straight right. I'm still going to say Cotto has better power, and by a long shot just by the build of the fighters. Cotto puts all his weight into punches while Manny lunges and its obvious you get more if you put your entire body into it.

One more thing, with each interview two things stand out in my mind about Manny's and Cotto's opponents answer. They also say how fast Manny is, and how powerful Cotto is. Its safe to say Manny's speed is a bigger factor than his power, while Cotto's power is a bigger factor than his speed.
                    You can't judge power by asking how would they do against certain fighters. That would be pure speculation. Judging by how they look now, in videos that are only a few days old, they appear to be hitting equally as hard with Manny having the clear edge in speed. Therefore, with the combination of speed and power, I give Manny the overall edge in punching power.

Comment

Cotto does.

Comment

Working...
                      X