No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Mayweather-Marquez: Marquez looked sharp

Mayweather's ability to dodge punches made him look slow at times. But any other fighter his own size not named Mayweather would have been in big trouble.

His counters where very fast. Floyd at times seem like he was gonna begin throwing combos. But Marquez's counter punching ability made one punch at a time a safer option. Pac through combination's which gave Marquez plenty of opportunities to counter.

Marquez is not done. He is capable of beating any fighter at 135 to 140.

Funenka vs. Marquez

Soto or Valero vs Marquez

Urango vs. Marquez

I would favor Marquez in all these fights.

Bradley, Alexander, and Madiana would be difficult.

people just ignore the fact that this was the same jmm..floyd is just that damn good..he didnt beat him with size he beat him with raw skill..floyd didnt bully him..hell jmm was the agressor...the hate floyd gets is sick..the man is the truth....were ya'll blind to this mans defense and counters in that fight??

Comment

His ability to dodge punches is crazy. Very similar to sweet Pea.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
        people just ignore the fact that this was the same jmm..floyd is just that damn good..he didnt beat him with size he beat him with raw skill..floyd didnt bully him..hell jmm was the agressor...the hate floyd gets is sick..the man is the truth....were ya'll blind to this mans defense and counters in that fight??
        Surely your joking?

Im guessing the DLH pac faught was the same DLH mayweather faught?

Hell no,

if jumping weights was that easy, pacquiao would be in the super middleweight division...

You know full well that it was a sluggish JMM....all he had was increased muscle size...less speed...less effective power..

Even you as a huge mayweather fan shouldnt bring yourself to other peoples standards and try give mayweather full credit for this...

I wouldnt even agree with pac fighting JMM at this weight, Pac would actually Demolish and steam roll him....

Pac fighting him at the lighterweights was the best fights they could of had...JMM at his best

Comment

yea i think marquez would have beaten mosley or cotto. why was he wasting his time his entire career fighting at featherweight when he could have been welterweight or middleweight champ.i mean it was the same marquez. who cares that he has no speed or power anymore it's the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
            Mayweather's ability to dodge punches made him look slow at times. But any other fighter his own size not named Mayweather would have been in big trouble.

His counters where very fast. Floyd at times seem like he was gonna begin throwing combos. But Marquez's counter punching ability made one punch at a time a safer option. Pac through combination's which gave Marquez plenty of opportunities to counter.

Marquez is not done. He is capable of beating any fighter at 135 to 140.

Funenka vs. Marquez

Soto or Valero vs Marquez

Urango vs. Marquez

I would favor Marquez in all these fights.

Bradley, Alexander, and Madiana would be difficult.
            That fight is a stylistic nightmare for Marquez at any weight, and then give Floyd every single physical advantage you could possibly come up with, which obviously resulted in a mismatch.

I don't think Marquez looked nearly as slow and lethargic at 144 as some people on here claim, but he definitely wasn't as fast nor hit as hard than he did, even at 135.

I think he can win a belt at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              yea i think marquez would have beaten mosley or cotto. why was he wasting his time his entire career fighting at featherweight when he could have been welterweight or middleweight champ.i mean it was the same marquez. who cares that he has no speed or power anymore it's the same guy.
              I don't know who you are but have always loved reading your posts. It's like waking up to a *******. Funny dude I'm a fan of calzaghe too. Chage your avatar lol

Comment

He seemed slower to me...but I don't think he could beat Floyd at any weight

Comment

How about Pacquiao vs Marquez at 146 lbs then and let's see

Comment

JMM was in no way, shape or form sharp or near his best.

I reckon that Floyd eats him at anyweight, but to Say he was sharp is stupid and ridoculous

Comment

Working...
                    X