No announcement yet.

People who stop supporting boxers because of a loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
    Non-fans are the ones who stop supporting. I don't know if it an ego thing or just some ppl always want to associate with a winner. Losing is a part of every sport.

But here in BS if a fighter loses he was exposed, no good to begin with, should retire, is garbage, never foughy anybody, is shot, etc...
    one of the things I admire about MMA is a guy can get KTFO and he's not instantly "done" in the eyes of the fans

GSP has been ko'd and submitted in the past, and he's one of the best

Difference in boxing is your stock goes down so much if you lose

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Hell I'm still an Ortiz fan even after back to back losses and a face lube commercial.
      Thisthisthisthis
      I still have love for zab judah who has let me down numerous times over the years

Comment

They can't fight worth spit so they live their "boxing lives" through their favorite fighter. When he looses a bout their so emotionally tied into it their little hearts (or lack of) are broken. They must distance themselves from the fighter in fear that they might be viewed as a looser too!!

No one feels about "fans" like I do!!! hahahaha!! the fanatic fools ofcourse are the worse!!! Their the haters that degrade the fighters their favorite guy fights then when he wins the "bum" is all of a sudden a "great win"!!!
        The worst part of boxing is the amount of federations that weaken the sport then theres the small percentage of fans who act like animals or are "fanatic" to the point of being absurb! Ray.

Comment

Doesn't make any difference to me.

My favourite fighters are Gamboa, Haye and Froch; the latter two both having two defeats doesn't bother me in the slightest. I like the guys and how they fight, not their record.

Comment

A lot of people are casual bandwagoners, they'll just jump on whoever seems successful at that moment.

Comment

It's a stupid phenomenon. I had a team Pacquiao shirt on at the mall a few weeks ago and went into a deli. I didn't realize Philippinos owned the place, but they started talking about Pacquiao as soon as they saw my shirt. They were so down and depressed I couldn't believe it. It was like a loved one died or something. I just laughed it off and told them even the best lose some times, that's just part of the game. They didn't seem really encouraged, but I reminded them how many times Ali, Tyson, Louis, all the greats lost. That's just my perspective as I fighter myself I guess . The other guy had a better night, but isn't the better man. A guy with great skill who has a chance if losing is more entertaining than a guy like Andre Ward, in my humble opinion. People are fickle.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Why do people/fans stop supporting boxers just because of a loss or a set back?

I used to see guys raving about Khan going on like they was his biggest fan, ''Khan is the best at 140, he'd beat everyone. He would even beat Floyd, ur just a hater'' he suffers a set back and now all they do is hate on him!

They only like a guy when he is on top.

Fighters can bounce back like, sometimes a loss can be a good thing. It can humble a fighter, make him train harder and get him to work his weaknesses.
                Its not always the end of the road. Losses happen!

I guess it gets me how quick some guys are to jump ship though I do admire some fans for their loyalty.

covering yur butt for rigo vs donaire, are ye?

Comment

They're just people with short attention spans and a general lack of intelligence about the sport. Or 'bandwagon fans' as most call them.

Personally, I'm thankful for them. It helps me identify who is an idiot much more quickly than reading their soon-to-be-dismissed opinion does. I'm sure many fighters feel the same way about them, in that it helps them identify the people who truly support and appreciate their efforts.

Comment

Working...
                  X