No announcement yet.

Hottest weight class right now, and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest weight class right now, and why

In your opinion, what is the hottest weight class right now? The division that has the most talent, full of skilled fighters with a lot of great matchups to be made/or have been made.

Personally, I think its either 168 or 175 right now. I say 175 because of the matchups that can be made, and the talent from 168 that is moving up, like Kessler and Bute. We may even see a move up by Ward allowing Froch to wipe his division.

Whilst not the best division, I do have some respect for the Cruiserweight division. It is really so underrated, with pools of excitement and talent there. Marco Huck may not be the most talented in terms of skill, he is a simple but exciting fighter and I feel the Cruiserweights are neglected a little bit. No wonder you have guys wanting to move up to Heavy without any prospect of winning, because they lack the spotlight factor that the Cruiserweight division is not going to offer them.

But anyway back to point, whats your ideas folks

154 are up there.

Comment

168 hands down

Comment

Cotto, Trout, Canelo, Vanes, Lara, Molina, and possibly Martinez and Mayweather fighting there makes me pick 154 as my favorite weight class.

Comment

154! With martinez hinting he can go down, canelo, floyd, cotto, i like it

Comment

168 for me.

There is a YOUNG king there, and it seems that he can be there for awhile, if he wanted.

And even though he has (largely) cleaned out the division, there is still an interesting plotline around who can topple him:

Comment

WW is underrated for me. Floyd, Pac, JMM, Bradley, Ortiz, Lopez, Berto, Brook, Hatton, Malignaggi, Alexander, Carson & Mike Jones, Judah, Bailey, etc........
              Last edited by DLT; 09-22-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                154 are up there.
                This........... /thread

Comment

154 all day. You got slick fighters, brawlers, cash cows, P4P elites, everything.

Comment

probably 122. i refuse to say 154 because none of them are willing to fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X