Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does your style carry influence from a professional boxer/s?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does your style carry influence from a professional boxer/s?

i started to watch so much boxing shortly after i first started to actually box that i guess certain styles caught on to me. ill be boxing and i naturally do something that makes me stop and think "hmmm that looked like so and so boxer". some times i feel like i want my own style but i was watching 2 much boxing as i was training. what styles from fighters do you get influenced by?

mine is influenced by juan manuel marquez, pacquiao, mosley, cotto, vargas, i also tend to try and emulate some of hopkins and mayweathers fading, weaving, and countering.

yeah i hear you. I like to fight in a basic stance but ill use tools from other fighters that just seem to work. Quick shoulder roll and a straight right down the pipe. Quick slipping and bobbing. Lead straights and lunging hooks. I wont fight in a certain way except basic mostly but ill use those tools when i see fit. Ill fight on the inside if need be using shuffle left and right to create angles and get off those uppercuts and such.

Comment

J.C. Chavez' left hook/upper to the liver and his head movement. I also punch with the middle and index finger knuckles to creat cuts just like the marquez brothers.

Comment

I was always a fan of Erik Morales's jab to the head then straight right hand to the body.

Comment

Kinda depends on who/what style my opponent is, but you could say I'm kinda like a late Marco Antonio Barrera. Harold Letterman put it best in I think the third Morales fight "box, box, box....brawl, brawl, brawl!"

I love the jab-cross-left uppercut that Barrera throws. I don't have a left hook like him though, my right hand does most of my work hehe.

My coach says that he was immediately reminded of me the first time he saw Alfredo Angulo fight. We have a similar stance, hold our hands the same etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
            i started to watch so much boxing shortly after i first started to actually box that i guess certain styles caught on to me. ill be boxing and i naturally do something that makes me stop and think "hmmm that looked like so and so boxer". some times i feel like i want my own style but i was watching 2 much boxing as i was training. what styles from fighters do you get influenced by?

mine is influenced by juan manuel marquez, pacquiao, mosley, cotto, vargas, i also tend to try and emulate some of hopkins and mayweathers fading, weaving, and countering.
            none,there were no styles or are any styles that i stop to say i look that,i am my own style and there is not on fighter out there that impresses me

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
              none,there were no styles or are any styles that i stop to say i look that,i am my own style and there is not on fighter out there that impresses me:boxing:

ok there champ

Comment

lol that guy just posts nothing but crap. I'm surprised he's still around.

Comment

he's a joke. I dont know what he gets out of this

Comment

juan manuel marquez style

Comment

Working...
                    X