No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    I mean, she couldn't whoop her blind, she couldn't whoop her once she got her vision back, she basically should be dead by now. Waif even twisted the damn knife. If Arya comes back and kills ol' girl they better go into detail as to how those punctures stopped bleeding.

If that happens then ok. I don't think I can take anymore of this coming back from death/near death **** much longer.
    There's the cinematics of it and there's the plot. According to the plot, I think that Arya is badly wounded and narrowly escaped, with Waif thinking her as good as dead, but that she does survive the incident.

Regardless of how realistic the knife play was or wasn't, the storyline is what counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Since The Hound is back, maybe GoT will bring back another guy who's death is uncertain, Syrio Forel. We never saw him die, we just last saw him fighting in a very unwinnable fight. Even though the guy he was last fighting came back in season 2, and he didn't, that doesn't exactly confirm Syrio died in that fight. The logic is, if a Bravosi never runs, and the guy he fought had armor and a sword and was seen again but Syrio wasn't, then that means Syrio died, cause he didn't run and he was unarmed. But it's ****ing GoT, if they don't show you dying, you could still come back
      I don't think Syrio died. Also, I've read the first 3 books, and in the book Syrio's fight seemed a little less unwinnable (though pretty much the same). In the show the guys were just knocked out and started to wake up, but in the book he kills several guys, before the tables start to turn and he makes Arya escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Excuse me but she was stabbed in the stomach three or four times and is bleeding profusely. I haven't seen many emergency rooms in Westeros.

By all rights she should bleed to death.
        Maybe salt water she jumped into? Helps disinfect wounds, and maybe she just gets lucky with where the knife lands?

Seems an amateur mistake for a pro assassin to make though

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Maybe salt water she jumped into? Helps disinfect wounds
          Seawater = full of parasites, so no.
          Harbor water = utter filth, so fuck no.

Dramatic acting aside, I was impressed with Rory McCann's
          axe-work. Pretty accurate, precise cuts (even when he was
          obviously tired from multiple takes --the difference is a bit
          perceptible between one take and another).

Maybe splitting logs is more dramatic for the camera, but
          cutting up timber efficiently with an axe takes a fair bit
          of skill/practice, and McCann clearly made time to get it.

Serious respect to the actor for putting the work in, to make
          it all work better on-screen.

Last edited by horge; 06-08-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by horge View Post
            Seawater = full of parasites, so no.
            Harbor water = utter filth, so fuck no.

Dramatic acting aside, I was impressed with Rory McCann's
            axe-work. Pretty accurate, precise cuts (even when he was
            obviously tired from multiple takes --the difference is a bit
            perceptible between one take and another).

Maybe splitting logs is more dramatic for the camera, but
            cutting up timber efficiently with an axe takes a fair bit
            of skill/practice, and McCann clearly made time to get it.

Serious respect to the actor for putting the work in, to make
            it all work better on-screen.

the Hound chopping wood is what stood out to you most in this episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by !BEAST View Post
              The hound being alive wasn't that big of a shocker because arya could and should have killed him but for some mysterious reason she just left him to die slowly even though he helped her.

Syrio aka "game of thrones jose" is sure as **** dead lol. They cut that dude down.
              I know, it's highly likely he died. But even GoT wikia has his status as "uncertain", just like The Hound was. Remember The Hound's amusing reaction to Arya telling him Meryn Trant killed him

Copied and pasted from IMDB:

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Greasy-haired little bastard, was he? They all are.
              Arya Stark: [angrily] What do you know about anything?
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: I bet his hair's greasier than Joffrey's ****.
              Arya Stark: It was not!
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: "Was"? He dead?
              Arya Stark: Yes!
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: How?
              Arya Stark: He was killed!
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Who by?
              Arya Stark: Meryn Trant! That's why Ser Meryn's on my...
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: [incredulously] Meryn Trant? The greatest swordsman who ever lived, killed by Meryn f#cking Trant?
              Arya Stark: He was outnumbered!
              Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane: Any boy whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.
              Remember how swiftly and slick Syrio moved too, I was rewatching that scene on youtube and remember there were 4-5 guys on the ground with swords, that Syrio knocked out with his wooden sword. GoT writers could spin the scenario in that the greatest swordsman who ever lived got one of those swords on the ground, easily. Why didn't he kill Meryn Trant? Syrio didn't run, so why is Meryn Trant alive? Well, they fought, Syrio knocked off Trant's sword and mercifully told him to leave and Trant took the offer and left. Therefore Syrio didn't run anyway, but neither of them died. I know it seems farfetched, but you have to admit, the scenario I came up with is easily doable

Comment

• Comment

• Why is Jon leaving the nights watch not being seen as a big deal? Do the other houses know he died? Will they even believe him? They would just arrest or take him on captive on the spot. There are serious consequences when you leave, as in death.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      the Hound chopping wood is what stood out to you most in this episode?

What "stood out to me most" was how little stood out, tbh...
                      and I did say "dramatic acting aside"

I guess it was an okay episode: about par for mid-season.
                      No real surprises*, other than how quickly Ian McShane's character exeunted.

*Cleganebowl+plus has been openly discussed for too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X