Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Khan beats Canelo (Detailed Breakdown Inside, Styles Makes Fights!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo will destroy Khan. Canelo was boxing with Cotto, The kid has gotten alot better, I am not sold on Canelo, I dont think he will ever be great, but he is very good, and he is big, has a solid chin, and keeps improving. Khan has not changed anything since he got KO'ed by Garcia, he still leaves himself open after exchanges, he is going to run right into Canelo's wheel house and get put to sleep.

Comment

The only way I think Khan can win this fight is by getting back with Freddie. Pull out the performance he had vs Maidana surprising everyone with his new found Iron chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post
        Everywhere I look people are saying Khan has no chance, but remember they also said "Pac would get killed by Oscar" and "Cotto had no chance vs Sergio." Here are the reasons why Khan will beat Canelo on May 7th in decisive fashion, and shock the entire world!

1). Speed/Reach- The first reason is the most obvious: Speed kills. Amir has a significant hand and foot speed advantage over Canelo as well as longer reach. This will allow him to jump in and out with lightning flurries, score points, and win rounds while moving around the ring. At his best, Khan's speed made Devon (a fast fighter himself) look like a stationary punching bag for 12 rounds. Canelo has power, but he does not have the foot speed and athleticism to keep up with Khan, who is far faster than anyone he has ever seen (even Floyd).

2). Skill/Amateur Pedigree- As an amateur, Khan was an Olympic Silver Medalist (better than Cotto/Lara and equal to GGG), and furthermore, Khan achieved this at the mere age of 17! This speaks volumes of Khan's level of talent! Compare that to Canelo who barely had an amateur career, lol. At the top level the lack of amateur experience will catch up to Canelo (it already has in the Mayweather fight). Khan's amateur background and talent/skill combined with his height/reach will give him the timing and sense of distance he needs to implement his speed and strategy against Canelo.

3). Styles- Khan has trouble with awkward fighters who hits him with shots he doesn't see, he was iced by crazy hayemakers by Prescott, and got caught with an eyes-closed wild-ass thumb hook by Garcia which landed on the back of his neck. Problem is, Canelo is a textbook fighters who doesn't throw those kinds of punches in those weird angles. Canelo is technically sound and powerful, but he is predictable and orthodox. (hence why Floyd had an easier time with him than he did with Maidana). I believe Canelo's orthodox style and angles plays into Khan's hands, and if this turns into a boxing match, Khan will box his ears off due to his superior speed/reach/amateur background. Also, Canelo only fights in spurts, so even if he wobbles Khan he will not be able to keep up the pressure necessary to stop Khan (who will be running around the ring).

4). Chin- Yes I know, the elephant in the room is Khan's "glass chin." But Khan himself has said that his bad chin in the past has mainly been due to him starving himself to death to make weight and taking his opponents lightly. Khan is a tall lengthy guy (taller than Canelo) and has a huge frame. I believe Khan will fit right into 155, and if he no longer has to starve himself to make weight, his chin/legs will no longer be weakened. At 155 with muscles added from the right conditioning I believe Khan will finally truly be at 100 percent strength, and will be able to unleash his full potential. Canelo, on the other hand, is struggling to even make 155. Khan knows Canelo's power and for sure won't take him lightly, he will be at the very top of his game.

5) Power- Canelo is the stronger guy, no arguments here. But Khan isn't a pillow-puncher himself, he viciously stopped Barrera, younger Paulie, and Judah. He dropped Maidana with a body shot (which Floyd/Broner failed to do) and dropped Collazo several times (which Thurman failed to do). Khan has dynamite in his fists, and this combined with his speed/skills makes him extremely dangerous, especially at 155 where he won't be drained.

Styles makes fights and Khan at the top of his game is all wrong for a guy like Canelo (slow-footed orthodox fighter who fights in spurts). IMO Maidana was a more dangerous fight than Canelo due to his unrelenting pressure, and yet Khan survived Maidana's entire onslaught!

My prediction for the fight- An extremely-focused Amir Khan puts on a virtuoso performance over 12 rounds that causes everyone's jaws to drop. He will have a few scary moments and may be wobbled a few times, but ultimately will come out with a hard-fought but decisive decision win over Canelo that will have the crowd on its toes, and show the world how great he really is!
        I was thinking the same ting....Khan has a good chance and his style is all wrong for a natural counterpuncher....look at what he did to Judah, Alexander and others....Canel0o has a size and power advantage...thats pretty much where it ends

Comment

i respect khan for this, but the only reason he gets pass the first round is because canelo decided to carry him.

Comment

King Khan is also far more dangerous than the old shot battle-worn Cotto that Canelo barely scraped by. Cotto and Roach avoided Khan for a reason.

King Khan is a legend in his prime and Canelo will get taken to King Khan University on May 7th.
            Last edited by Avenge Myself; 02-03-2016, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Pimp View Post
              Everywhere I look people are saying Khan has no chance, but remember they also said "Pac would get killed by Oscar" and "Cotto had no chance vs Sergio." Here are the reasons why Khan will beat Canelo on May 7th in decisive fashion, and shock the entire world!

1). Speed/Reach- The first reason is the most obvious: Speed kills. Amir has a significant hand and foot speed advantage over Canelo as well as longer reach. This will allow him to jump in and out with lightning flurries, score points, and win rounds while moving around the ring. At his best, Khan's speed made Devon (a fast fighter himself) look like a stationary punching bag for 12 rounds. Canelo has power, but he does not have the foot speed and athleticism to keep up with Khan, who is far faster than anyone he has ever seen (even Floyd).

2). Skill/Amateur Pedigree- As an amateur, Khan was an Olympic Silver Medalist (better than Cotto/Lara and equal to GGG), and furthermore, Khan achieved this at the mere age of 17! This speaks volumes of Khan's level of talent! Compare that to Canelo who barely had an amateur career, lol. At the top level the lack of amateur experience will catch up to Canelo (it already has in the Mayweather fight). Khan's amateur background and talent/skill combined with his height/reach will give him the timing and sense of distance he needs to implement his speed and strategy against Canelo.

3). Styles- Khan has trouble with awkward fighters who hits him with shots he doesn't see, he was iced by crazy hayemakers by Prescott, and got caught with an eyes-closed wild-ass thumb hook by Garcia which landed on the back of his neck. Problem is, Canelo is a textbook fighters who doesn't throw those kinds of punches in those weird angles. Canelo is technically sound and powerful, but he is predictable and orthodox. (hence why Floyd had an easier time with him than he did with Maidana). I believe Canelo's orthodox style and angles plays into Khan's hands, and if this turns into a boxing match, Khan will box his ears off due to his superior speed/reach/amateur background. Also, Canelo only fights in spurts, so even if he wobbles Khan he will not be able to keep up the pressure necessary to stop Khan (who will be running around the ring).

4). Chin- Yes I know, the elephant in the room is Khan's "glass chin." But Khan himself has said that his bad chin in the past has mainly been due to him starving himself to death to make weight and taking his opponents lightly. Khan is a tall lengthy guy (taller than Canelo) and has a huge frame. I believe Khan will fit right into 155, and if he no longer has to starve himself to make weight, his chin/legs will no longer be weakened. At 155 with muscles added from the right conditioning I believe Khan will finally truly be at 100 percent strength, and will be able to unleash his full potential. Canelo, on the other hand, is struggling to even make 155. Khan knows Canelo's power and for sure won't take him lightly, he will be at the very top of his game.

5) Power- Canelo is the stronger guy, no arguments here. But Khan isn't a pillow-puncher himself, he viciously stopped Barrera, younger Paulie, and Judah. He dropped Maidana with a body shot (which Floyd/Broner failed to do) and dropped Collazo several times (which Thurman failed to do). Khan has dynamite in his fists, and this combined with his speed/skills makes him extremely dangerous, especially at 155 where he won't be drained.

Styles makes fights and Khan at the top of his game is all wrong for a guy like Canelo (slow-footed orthodox fighter who fights in spurts). IMO Maidana was a more dangerous fight than Canelo due to his unrelenting pressure, and yet Khan survived Maidana's entire onslaught!

My prediction for the fight- An extremely-focused Amir Khan puts on a virtuoso performance over 12 rounds that causes everyone's jaws to drop. He will have a few scary moments and may be wobbled a few times, but ultimately will come out with a hard-fought but decisive decision win over Canelo that will have the crowd on its toes, and show the world how great he really is!
              all this goes to the drain the moment canelo breaths in front of khan, joke of a fight...

Comment

I like how OP and others are casually brushing aside this:

Yeah, that's going to hold just fine again 170+ pound Canelo.

Comment

How does weight gain give u a better chin

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
                    Algieri was countering his ass easily. Every right hand was rocking Khan. Just crazy.
                    And won a whole 3 rounds.

He slightly stunned Khan once in the 1st round that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                      How does weight gain give u a better chin
                      More blood flow to the brain, carrying glucose and oxygen for ATP synthesis to realign positively charged ions along to cell membrane to create an action potential signal pathway.

Comment

Working...
                      X