No announcement yet.

Predicting Mayweather/Khan undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predicting Mayweather/Khan undercard

Okay... so nothing final yet, but Khan having signed his contract, team Maidana saying they don't have a contract and the even being 5 months away.... let's just assume this'll happen.

Main event with 3 televised undercard fights. You can throw other names on the untelevised undercard for fun if you want.

GO!

Gonzalez/Mares II
    Leo Santa Cruz/Frampton
    Danny Garcia/Maidana

Gonzalez/Mares II in perfect position with the Mares rib injury to make it to May.

Both LSC and Frampton have expressed interest for each other... why not? Cinco De Mayo and Frampton supporting a fellow British fighter.
    http://www.boxing news24.com/2013/12/carl-frampton-i-think-i-can-beat-leo-santa-cruz/
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...frampton-fight

Also I think Frampton is the WBA regular champ or something?

Finally, this one I'm out on a limb here.... but some people talked about it in the past and I think Danny as a future Floyd opponent makes sense for September. So why not get his feet wet with a fight against Maidana in the WW division and win a belt?

Was thinking Broner rematch, but he probably was advised to do other. Thinking Maidana/Thurman...which is also a strong possibility, but I question Maidana taking the fight.
    Then Garcia/Maidana was brought up earlier by Iron Dan in a thread we were talking in....makes sense.
    Garcia coming off one of his best wins against a fellow Argentinian, Matthysse. Got the revenge factor for countrymen there, and they Maidana could bring up he beat Matthysse in the Ams and boom.
    Maidana either further builds his stock to fight Mayweather, or Garcia wins a belt at WW and furthers his.

And then.. Ogogo on untelevised. He was supposed to be on the last one, and I think he said he was going to be on this one too

No way Maidana and Garcia fight each other. I just can't see it happening. I would much rather bet on a Malignaggi/Peterson fight on the undercard.

Maidana may not even fight on the undercard as I think he's ready to hold his own next year. A fight between him and Porter would be intriguing, but I don't think it can be made as Porter will have to fight Kell Brook before June. Otherwise, a rematch vs Alexander would be a method for getting Alexander back in play and I think that could happen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      No way Maidana and Garcia fight each other. I just can't see it happening. I would much rather bet on a Malignaggi/Peterson fight on the undercard.

Maidana may not even fight on the undercard as I think he's ready to hold his own next year. A fight between him and Porter would be intriguing, but I don't think it can be made as Porter will have to fight Kell Brook before June. Otherwise, a rematch vs Alexander would be a method for getting Alexander back in play and I think that could happen as well.
      Was a thought... Danny fighting Paulie on there to wet his feet in the WW division was also a thought.
      Now that I think about it... unlikely because there won't be as much money pumping in this event as the last one.
      Although the Guerrero undercard was better than Canelo with the exception of the Danny/Matts fight

Comment

Working...
      X