No announcement yet.

Cotto responds to Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Cotto is a better boxer than Tito ever was. Saying that, we forget Tito was the bigger man, and had the power edge.

It would have been a good fight but I have to go with Tito on this one. We will see who is h ranked higher when it's all said and done.
    On paper, statistically at least Cotto ranks higher but compared to the level of competition and activity and not to mention persona in and out of the ring Tito s h i t s all over Cotto with undigested pigeon peas.

As for stylistically, Tito is all wrong for Cotto in the most obvious of way's:

Power : Tito > Cotto

Stamina : Tito > Cotto

Chin : Tito > Cotto

Level of competition : Tito > Cotto

The only advantage I see Cotto having is hand speed and foot work which will but diminish when Tito lands that flush left hook backpedalling Cotto in survival mode.

It will only look good for Cotto for the first 5 rounds than the onslaught will begin when Tito lands every bomb to a submitting Cotto.
    Last edited by jri9d0; 07-09-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      On paper, statistically at least Cotto ranks higher but compared to the level of competition and activity and not to mention persona in and out of the ring Tito s h i t s all over Cotto with undigested pigeon peas.

As for stylistically, Tito is all wrong for Cotto in the most obvious of way's:

Power : Tito > Cotto

Stamina : Tito > Cotto

Chin : Tito > Cotto

Level of competition : Tito > Cotto

The only advantage I see Cotto having is hand speed and foot work which will but diminish when Tito lands that flush left hook backpedalling Cotto in survival mode.

It will only look good for Cotto for the first 5 rounds than the onslaught will begin when Tito lands every bomb to a submitting Cotto.
      Yea I agree, I think Tito beats Cotto. Also, people saying Tito's defense was suspect because of what DLH and Winky did, severely underestimate DLH's boxing skills.

He was on another level compared to Tito.

I just go with size, more than anything else I think Tito's size and power is too much for Cotto. It's kind of the same reason I'm picking Canelo vs Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
        only if he comes in with those illegal wraps.

Btw, just cause you're a human flag and can't score a knockdown without running to the corner and climbing the ropes to yell the name of your country doesn't make you a better representation of said Country.

Cotto>>>Trinidad.
        Nazeem is on record stating that Tito's wraps were NOT "illegal" wraps. Why the fiction?

If wrapping your hands as per Las Vegas standards gives a fighter Tito-power, than Paulie Malignaggi and everyone who ever fought in Vegas, would have demonstrated Tito's devastating power. Did Margarito demonstrate the kind of power that Tito had when he chose to use plaster wraps? No... Took him 11 rounds for Cotto to gas out. Butchered Cotto's face in the process.

Did Luis Resto have Tito power when he was going full-knuckles on Billy Collins? NO.... But he did butcher Billy's face.

#Facts>Fiction

"Tito Trinidad has once in a lifetime power..." ~ George Foreman

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
          Nazeem is on record stating that Tito's wraps were NOT "illegal" wraps. Why the fiction?

If wrapping your hands as per Las Vegas standards gives a fighter Tito-power, than Paulie Malignaggi and everyone who ever fought in Vegas, would have demonstrated Tito's devastating power. Did Margarito demonstrate the kind of power that Tito had when he chose to use plaster wraps? No... Took him 11 rounds for Cotto to gas out. Butchered Cotto's face in the process.

Did Luis Resto have Tito power when he was going full-knuckles on Billy Collins? NO.... But he did butcher Billy's face.

#Facts>Fiction

"Tito Trinidad has once in a lifetime power..." ~ George Foreman
          My friend, you do realize you are debating with Mr. Washington Heights with a new screen name.

Therefore, s h i t ting on Tito's legacy is his other full time job.

Comment

Winky stomped that ass straight humiliated him. I like Trinidad but he shoulda lost to oscar

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              My friend, you do realize you are debating with Mr. Washington Heights with a new screen name.

Therefore, s h i t ting on Tito's legacy is his other full time job.
              He is a documented hater with self-loathing issues but he really seems so proud and adept at failing.

#PlatanoRage!

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Winky stomped that ass straight humiliated him. I like Trinidad but he shoulda lost to oscar
                He did lose to Oscar, he was schooled in that fight. One of the worst decisions ever.

Comment

Cotto has to be careful, the people of Puerto Rico will alienate his ass...

Comment

Did Tito ever take any knees?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Did Tito ever take any knees?

The source of your unhappiness. The submission of Lucas. Smart move, spared himself from being KO'd by submitting, dropping to his ass and breathing in deeeeeep for that 8 count witness protection program.

Comment

Working...
                      X