No announcement yet.

Can we Once and For all Stop Trying to Suck Up to "Casual Fans"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we Once and For all Stop Trying to Suck Up to "Casual Fans"

It's getting disgusting at this point. Like we are desperately trying to seek their acceptance. After every fight it's "Oh no...what will the casuals think"

Casual fans have done nothing for this sport but put money in Mayweather and Pacquiaos pockets. It's the only fighters they know about and its the only fights they watch. When they don't get their desired results, they degrade our sport.

We say "casuals want excitement".....they weren't watching Matthysse vs Provo, their not supporting GGG, Kovalev or Thurman....WE are.

We say casuals " keep boxing alive "...really? More like they keep the only 2 fighters they know about relevant. We are the one's that built Manny from " The Destroyer" to Pac man and Floyd from "Pretty Boy" to Money. They probably didn't even watch Pac vs Ledwaba, Barrera, etc. Or Floyd vs Corrales.

I welcome new fans to the sport who are willing to learn and make an effort to watch new fighters. But these fake non-boxing fans who only come around once per year to bring negativity can go to hell.

agreed. an uninformed opinion means dick to me. they are the direct cause of the imbalanced distribution of money in boxing. hopefully once mayweather and pacquiao bow out the sport will achieve greater parity of pay and hopefully that will weaken the grip of business interests on boxing's administration

Comment

Yeah, **** the casuals. I don't understand why their opinion sshould carry any weight.

Comment

I realize the importance of casual fans for big events and getting fights seen on tv.
        But I am so tired of them. I hate when they get comped seats ringside and don't even watch the fights. Countless times I've told them to stfu and sit the **** down because I've paid good money to watch the sport I love.

I neither ask for or seek their approval.

I was asked to go to three different fight parties last night. I declined them all becuz I am tired of their idiocy.

**** em. It's a niche sport for weirdos like us and it will always be that way.

Comment

Yeah good thread. I was close to topping myself yesterday, I had ****ing volleyball fans trying to teach me boxing.

Comment

Fair point. However, a large number of newcomers who watch the 'super fights' go on to become ardent/die-hard fans.

Maybe not with this fight, though

Comment

Good post, brilliant post infact.

So many new boxing fans on my facebook page for the last 12 hours, and now they won't watch another boxing match until well september probably, and will still moan about it.

We are the ones that watch it every week, we're all here on this forum, granted we speak a ton of **** to eachother, but atleast we have one thing in common.

Comment

Sports journalists are the worst. It kills me reading the blogs by so-called' experts' on Eurosport, BBC and ESPN.

Comment

Casual fans need the roger mayweather treatment....**** them and their weak ass opinions.

Comment

So glad I didn't pay for this ..From top to bottom this whole promotion was an insult to real boxing fans ..This is why I support PBC boxing on national TV ..We will soon get real compelling match ups against fighters IN THIER PRIME !!!

Fight of the centuray my ass more like rip off of the centuray !!

Comment

Working...
                    X