Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Felix Trinidad have plaster hand wraps when he fought Fernando Vargas in 2000?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Felix Trinidad have plaster hand wraps when he fought Fernando Vargas in 2000?

"Trinidad had casts," said Vargas.

"I thought I was getting hit with stones."

So, was Tito wearing casts?

It looks like a cast.

HBO article

One unexpected postscript to Trinidad-Vargas emerged nine months later, when Trinidad fought Bernard Hopkins for the undisputed middleweight title in Madison Square Garden. Trinidad had to unwrap and rewrap his hands multiple times amid accusations that the way they were wrapped and the amount of gauze used were illegal. Tito suffered his first defeat that night, and many of the men he'd knocked out previously, including Vargas, grew highly suspicious.

"Before I fought Trinidad, I went to Puerto Rico on the press tour, and in Puerto Rico, a guy who had been a part of Trinidad's team told me, 'You've got to watch out for his hand wraps,'" Vargas remembered. "I didn't really understand what he meant by that at the time. But then when I felt his punch and his power, I was like, 'This s---'s not human.' So that's when I figured out what happened to me. I just know that there was something crazy with his hand wraps."
    Yes.
    36.89%
    No.
    45.63%
    Maybe.
    8.74%
    I don't know.
    8.74%
    Last edited by punchr; 04-18-2015, 01:57 AM.

Never! Wrapidad was clean his whole career! Damn peasants, .

Comment

The same answer if Margarito had anything in his wraps for the Cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        "Trinidad had casts," said Vargas.

"I thought I was getting hit with stones."

So, was Tito wearing casts?

It looks like a cast.

Did De La Hoya and Shane Mosley (two times) also have plaster in their wraps also when they knocked Vargas out? Of all the stupid polls that appear on this site, this is one of the worst. Vargas' team watched Trinidad get his hands wrapped just like every other fighter's opponent. Vargas got the s....t beat out of him and is trying to rewrite history 15 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Did De La Hoya and Shane Mosley (two times) also have plaster in their wraps also when they knocked Vargas out? Of all the stupid polls that appear on this site, this is one of the worst. Vargas' team watched Trinidad get his hands wrapped just like every other fighter's opponent. Vargas got the s....t beat out of him and is trying to rewrite history 15 years later.
          That's a dumb argument, because you're disregarding the fact that Vargas was never able to take a punch again after the Trinidad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            The same answer if Margarito had anything in his wraps for the Cotto fight.
            at least know the difference. Nazim said that they wrapped tito's hand the wrong way. NSAC agreed. Funny. The way that trinidad wrapped his sons hands where done in front of the NYSAC and they deemed it legal.

Plasterito on the other hand was caught dead with ILLEGAL inserts that were as hard as rocks.

Tito = no suspension or anything + in the IBHOF

Plasterito = Suspended + not gonna get in the hof.

FACTS!

Comment

LMAO. Fernando is still trying to make sense of why he made all the tough guy faces during the press conference and ref instructions and got knocked down 10 seconds into the first round with Tito. Hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                at least know the difference. Nazim said that they wrapped tito's hand the wrong way. NSAC agreed. Funny. The way that trinidad wrapped his sons hands where done in front of the NYSAC and they deemed it legal.

Plasterito on the other hand was caught dead with ILLEGAL inserts that were as hard as rocks.

Tito = no suspension or anything + in the IBHOF

Plasterito = Suspended + not gonna get in the hof.

FACTS!

Margarito wasn't suspended for the Cotto fight. How's that for a fact?

Can't have it both ways Jr.

Comment

Margarito cheated. He wanted to be like Tito but lacked that Tito power.

Tito was a beast.

the end.

Comment

What's up with all the Vargas vs Trinidad threads lately? R they making a comeback rematch or what? If so I'd still favor Trinidad...

Comment

Working...
                    X