Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Toney vs Benn/Eubank didn't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Toney vs Benn/Eubank didn't happen?

What happened and why did these fights not happen?

Start at 0:35

"When I see you, I'ma beat you and ya momma's ass" -James Toney

unfortunately you can tell by benn n eubank silence that they are not confident they can beat him, id give benn the best chance tho, he would still be the most aggressive, would go down, get back up and still bring it to toney, eubank would just be a unanimous descision to toney.

Comment

Eubank has been open that he ducked the fight. Toney tears him And Nige up, no doubts.

Comment

That's what I always liked about Toney, he's known for fighting everyone. There should be a way to transplant that mentality into every fighter. He's even called out the Klitschkos in recent years. He'd probably lose, but you know he'd come to fight.

Comment

I would slightly favor Eubank over Toney. Eubank is fast enough to stay on the outside and avoid counters

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            I would slightly favor Eubank over Toney. Eubank is fast enough to stay on the outside and avoid counters
            I give him a better shot than Benn style wise but Toney would still put it on him imo

Comment

I think this great video captures the essence of Benn and Eubank perfectly, with their contrasting characters clearly defined and even magnified.

Benn instantly bristles when Toney begins to jive talk - he instantly knows he's being challenged and is not going to step back - and is literally staring down the screen and relishing the showdown.

Typical, instinctive, no-fear Nigel.

Eubank is far more considered and calculating. He's listening to Toney intently and weighing-up whether this guy is someone he should fight, avoid or just keep on his options list.

Chris saw boxing in clear, logical and purely business terms. Nigel saw fighting as a way to get respect for himself and loved the danger and thrill of combat.

Just why the fights never happened is a mystery. Benn v Toney would have been epic and Eubank v Toney nearly as good.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                At 168 and 175, Toney would go and get you. He didn't just lay back and counter. He'd go and get you, like he went and got Holyfield.

Comment

Working...
                X