Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you didn't know about the modeling industry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know exactly where she's coming from, I hate when people just assume things just cuz i'm good looking, I get the feeling that people with average looks think i'm a shallow person, like i'm from a different planet of beautiful people or something, truth is I share the same feelings as everyone else, I go through the ups and downs of life like every other human being. Being very attractive is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      I understand her point, but on the flipside, a lot of people seem to think that being attractive is some sort of gateway to success. If that were the case, Bill Gates would be homeless.
      Your making two different assertions. I think a good comparison would be; does a gifted athlete have a better chance at making a pro league than one who doesn't?

She didn't say the ONLY thing you need is being attractive, just that it helps and helps a lot.

There was a social experiment made where they had people of the same exact age, and resume apply for jobs in all kinds of jobs. Overwhelmingly the attractive people were treated better, hired at a much higher rate and even trusted much more.

There's something about being attractive that people warm up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        There was a social experiment made where they had people of the same exact age, and resume apply for jobs in all kinds of jobs. Overwhelmingly the attractive people were treated better, hired at a much higher rate and even trusted much more.

There's something about being attractive that people warm up to.
        Say you're an employer at an office, two people with the exact same application/resume/skills arrive. Are you gonna' hire the sexy, slim, well endowed 27 year old woman or the 40 year old bald guy with a beer belly. I know what you and I would both do and it's for the eye candy (or a shot at sex), which can really brighten up a day. The woman gets the job 100% of the time.

I'm pretty much average looking but I don't complain when the world works like this, I understand why it does.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          I know exactly where she's coming from, I hate when people just assume things just cuz i'm good looking, I get the feeling that people with average looks think i'm a shallow person, like i'm from a different planet of beautiful people or something, truth is I share the same feelings as everyone else, I go through the ups and downs of life like every other human being. Being very attractive is overrated.
          haha this fu$kin guy.

Comment

Very good

felt abit sick when she showed her at like 14 and doing those modelling shoots

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              Say you're an employer at an office, two people with the exact same application/resume/skills arrive. Are you gonna' hire the sexy, slim, well endowed 27 year old woman or the 40 year old bald guy with a beer belly. I know what you and I would both do and it's for the eye candy (or a shot at sex), which can really brighten up a day. The woman gets the job 100% of the time.

I'm pretty much average looking but I don't complain when the world works like this, I understand why it does.
              Understanding and accepting it are two different things. Now I would disagree with you that I would just hire the hot 27 year old woman.

Believe it or not, I would hire the beer bellied and balding 40 year old because chances are he's married and needs the income to support his family.

Knowing why we do these things and doing them are two different things. If it's wrong it's wrong and we as a society should strive to change these types of prejudices because that's exactly what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                I understand her point, but on the flipside, a lot of people seem to think that being attractive is some sort of gateway to success. If that were the case, Bill Gates would be homeless.
                and Oprah would be living in the neighboring cardboard box

Comment

I modeled.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Understanding and accepting it are two different things. Now I would disagree with you that I would just hire the hot 27 year old woman.

Believe it or not, I would hire the beer bellied and balding 40 year old because chances are he's married and needs the income to support his family.

Knowing why we do these things and doing them are two different things. If it's wrong it's wrong and we as a society should strive to change these types of prejudices because that's exactly what they are.
                    Interesting perspective actually, I guess I should look at things in more depth in future. I guess you're right with your argument there.

Comment

Meh.

Would probably take more notice if she actually acted upon these huge wrongdoings in the world and stopped modelling.

It reminded me of things like live aid. Multi-millionaire musicians begging working class people to donate all we can, whilst if they would ever do the same then world hunger would certainly be less of a problem than it is.

All modelling is, is people taking advantage of a gift they've been given and making money from it. Same as athletes, same as professors. Good luck to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X