No announcement yet.

Roy Jones called out Dariusz Michalczewski

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones called out Dariusz Michalczewski

This is an old article I found from a couple of years ago.

03.02 - Hamburg – After several years of equivocation light heavyweight champion Roy Jones jr. apparently decided to do the right thing. The world champion of WBC, WBA and IBF finally displayed serious willingness to fight against undefeated WBO king Dariusz Michalczewski, 44-0 (37 KOs).

“I'm going to go to HBO Monday and say HBO give me some money and let me go ahead to Germany and make this thing happen with Dariusz Michalczewski, if he wants some”, Jones said after he defended his titles in Miami against Australian Glen Kelly by way of 7th round knockout.

Three days prior to the fight Jones pointed out that a duel against Michalczewski would be more likely than against any other world class boxer. In a slightly trite statement Jones asked Michalczewski to come to the US to fight him.

“You tell the guy from Germany to bring his butt on over here”, Jones said. “And you tell him I said that.”
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM.

interesting how all the roy haters are quick to talk trash about him and say that he ducked DM but as soon as there is proof otherwise, you have nothing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      interesting how all the roy haters are quick to talk trash about him and say that he ducked DM but as soon as there is proof otherwise, you have nothing to say.
      Roy was a bum that would rather fight clowns like Gonzalez than fight a monster like D.M.

Roy wasn't on D.M's level and was scared. So he fought soft Gonzalez instead.

Comment

Roy haters...

Looks like you got owned on this one..

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          Difference between calling someone out and actually trying to make the fight happen. I'm not saying it's Roys fault but there is a difference.

Comment

Those are word from the mouth of a fighter who is being accused of ducking, doesn't mean jack. For the record I don't think Roy ducked Dariusz.

Comment

Yes, I agree with Jimmy Dean.

For example, one time I was calling out notorious villain and would-be vigilante, Eddie Brock (otherwise known as Venom). Secretly though I was not prepared for another showdown with the alien nightmare and I was lucky enough that Eddie was out of town at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Dean View Post
                Difference between calling someone out and actually trying to make the fight happen. I'm not saying it's Roys fault but there is a difference.
                So the recognized world champ has to make the fight happen with a champ that is unknown to the majority of the HBO market and who is refusing to fight him on the champs terms? Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                  Roy was a bum that would rather fight clowns like Gonzalez than fight a monster like D.M.

Roy wasn't on D.M's level and was scared. So he fought soft Gonzalez instead.
                  Triangle logic doesn't always work and Dariusz was shot and stuff...yadayada
                  But still a 27 year old Gonzalez won a SD against a 35 year old Dariusz and was knocked down multiple times against Jones. Now you tell me how Dariusz got robbed against Gonzalez.

I guess Gonzalez was even softer when he got knocked down a few times against Jones.
                  Dariusz also fought Jones leftovers Derrick Harmon, Richard Hall 2x, Montell Griffin,
                  Last edited by Zerwas1; 09-04-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                    So the recognized world champ has to make the fight happen with a champ that is unknown to the majority of the HBO market and who is refusing to fight him on the champs terms? Cool.
                    his words...I guess he thought so

Comment

Working...
                    X