Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Monkees release a comeback album...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monkees release a comeback album...

Due out at the end of the month, the first two tracks on it have been dropped:

I was surprised we didn't have a pure dedicted Monkees thread before. I think these two tracks are OKAY, but they're more of an idea of what people THINK the Monkees sound like, than what they did. (The second is written by a Green Teef from XTC).

disappointing...a legit thread

i thought Annie was going for ban # 9 this year

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      disappointing...a legit thread

i thought Annie was going for ban # 9 this year
      I think I've only had a couple in 2016. Not on form, am I?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        I think I've only had a couple in 2016. Not on form, am I?

shot to ****

Comment

Honestly I didn't like the second. I guess its only 2 tracks, do you know how many tracks are on the album? Might buy, my old man funnily enough likes them so that fat **** can listen to it if I'm not keen. I like most of their past, and a few times I've walked into my old mans place, and he's got them on sat there p.issed as a fukin rat. Good stuff.

Annie this type of thread is unlike you. You on summit lad?

Comment

They had some great lyrics/melodies. That was kind of boring

Comment

Just terrible, but I never ****in liked the guys.

The Beach Boys comeback/final album is where its at. Hard to believe these are new songs.

Comment

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
                Honestly I didn't like the second. I guess its only 2 tracks, do you know how many tracks are on the album? Might buy, my old man funnily enough likes them so that fat **** can listen to it if I'm not keen. I like most of their past, and a few times I've walked into my old mans place, and he's got them on sat there p.issed as a fukin rat. Good stuff.

Annie this type of thread is unlike you. You on summit lad?
                I do make sensible threads on occasion.

The second track was written by a Green Teef (from XTC) which is weird. It's like he's trying to be a Fat Yank.

Anyway, thirteen tracks, including some unused songs from the archives bumped up, so we get some "dead Davy" action:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_T..._Monkees_album)

Although these tracks aren't GREAT, their last two "comeback" albums were dog****, so this is a nicer encore to their career.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  shot to ****
                  I was gonna go for a fresh ban, but then it's fight week, so I might wanna post at the weekend.

Comment

This doesn't look too bad tbh, I'll definitely put my hand in my pocket and pay for the electricity to rip the torrent:

I don't think it'll be as good as the album Freedom Sings The Monkees, but it seems like it'll be okay.

What do you reckon, McLaddie? MrTambourineMan? Noel Gallagher writing a tune? What does he know about writing tunes for Beatle-inspired groups?
                    Last edited by !! Anorak; 05-23-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X