Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Americans too busy or just dont appreciate classicalmusic?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
    A lot of people will claim to like it, but aren't even remotely regular listeners.
    I dunno bro but I think I agree with one comment saying: "I read the article and it was noted that ALL children who passed by noticed Bell. I think that's just amazing. And a bit sad, because it clearly shows that a lot of us have lost or forgotten our inner child."

When I was a kid, I remember I love listening to classical but my parents prefer other type of songs thus as I grew up I lean toward other kind music other than classical. When I reached 20, my liking for classical return, and ever since I listen to it. I noticed that my 6 year old daughter listens to classical and loves them. She even has her own favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Classic Rock>>>>Classical....Blood
      Whatever. In my experience I listen to a genre depending on how i feel and what kind of day I'm having. Pink FLoyd is my **** though, i can listen to them anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
        Whatever. In my experience I listen to a genre depending on how i feel and what kind of day I'm having. Pink FLoyd is my **** though, i can listen to them anytime.
        Me too, it all depends on my mood. Btw, thanks for mentioning Arcangello Corelli, Ill try to dig him later.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
          Damn i cant joke anymore. Pink Floyd is MY band

Comment

well to be honest, it's 7:51 am on a friday, what kind of people do you expect to be there? they more than likely don't have time to stand there and listen to the whole piece. there's a time and place for things, and this just won't get that much attention at a busy metro station at basically 8 in the morning. just being honest.
            as for myself, not really a fan of it. it probably has to do with the fact that i didn't grow up around it and the generation i grew up in wasn't into it so i myself didn't get exposed to it. it sounds nice and i respect it but i guess it just isn't to my liking that much.

Classic Rock>>>>Classical....Blood
            for some reason your comment reminded me of this:

Comment

I'm no expert but Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven is my favorite.

Best to listen when winding down from a long day.

Comment

Yeah that's really a great place to play and showcase your music; at the entrance of a metro station. I think most people are more concerned about getting to their ride on time than stopping for a minute and listen to him play his music. If they had him play at a different part of the metro station, like say near the boarding area then there might be more people interested in listening to it. Atleast that's what the musicians do in NY subways, people will actually stop and listen and give money to musicians.

Comment

I used to be more so impartial to classical music but after taking classical music history in college and having it shoved down my throat i have kinda grown to dislike it

Comment

I used to be more so impartial to classical music but after taking classical music history in college and having it shoved down my throat i have kinda grown to dislike it
                    WTF? Classical music is a penis?

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
                      WTF? Classical music is a penis?
                      No, its worse

Comment

Working...
                      X