Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think americans will keep crying about the HW division forever...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Who even cares about the HW division?
    You have to give Tunney/Freedom/countless-other-alts credit, his constant trolling about the heavyweight division and man-love for the Klitschkos has at least inspired a lot of conversation about this putrid weight class on Boxing Scene. This division doesn't even produce good fights, let alone meaningful fights. Wladimir-Haye was the biggest heavyweight fight since Lewis-Vitali. That tells me all I need to know about the state of this division.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Than lets hear your objective comparison on each fighters respective skills. Tell me exactly who is more skilled and why. You won't because it sinks your whole weak argument. Anybody who has ever fought before and any OJECTIVE fan see who has the far greater skill set. Would you like me to pick two different fighters? How about Jerry Quarry and Arreola? Cleveland Williams and Boystov? Who? Lol!
      You can hardly make an objective comparison with so little information which is exactly my point. Unlike the "experts" like you who think you can accurately compare things just by watching a video, such as my previous example with all the idiots that though Lacy would destroy Calzaghe, that Guinn and Sam Peter were the future of the HW division, etc. You thinking your subjective comments are actually objective arguments is what makes all of this all the more laughable

Originally posted by 10,000 Days View Post
      Why is it that Europeans are just dominating the HW division then, and not the lower weight classes?

Because the HW division sucks...
      Because all of our best athletes are playing football (see we can make excuses too).

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Who even cares about the HW division?
      Obviously you care, since you're posting here.
      Last edited by Pirao; 10-16-2011, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
        You can hardly make an objective comparison with so little information which is exactly my point. Unlike the "experts" like you who think you can accurately compare things just by watching a video, such as my previous example with all the idiots that though Lacy would destroy Calzaghe, that Guinn and Sam Peter were the future of the HW division, etc. You thinking your subjective comments are actually objective arguments is what makes all of this all the more laughable

Because all of our best athletes are playing football (see we can make excuses too).

dude...
        what don't you get?

european football (soccer over here) players are not exclusively HW
        in fact, id guess that there are very few who are HW

the rim in the NBA is ten feet off of the ground

guys in the champions league, world cup, high level club teams, are all amazing athletes and would certainly affect the talent pool in boxing

but THEY ARENT ALL HEAVYWEIGHTS!
        the AVERAGE player,
        the AVERAGE player in the NBA is 6'9" tall and well over 200 lbs.

do you understand that?

the AVERAGE player in the NFL is 6'2-6'3
        guys in the NFL go from about 185 lbs to well over 300.
        they are some of the most durable men on the planet. not every position in american football is athletic, but the ones that are usually feature guys that are unbelievably fast and coordinated, more than anybody in the division currently in america.
        the only guys that arent HW are kickers.

every once in a while you'd find a cornerback who would box as a LHW, but for the most part a guy that small is too little to play in the NFL and will get badly injured.

if you dont have a sturdy chin and arent tough as **** and born with physical gifts in terms of your durability you cant make it into the NFL
        and if you somehow do you'll probably have a very short career from the beating you take. in other words, the nature of hte NFL excludes people without the mental makeup neccessary to box

hell, tommy Z had a very good amateur career and he's on the low end in terms of athetic quaility in the nfl and one of the smallest. he's a cruiserweight at the lowest.
        Last edited by New England; 10-16-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

So you're bitching out in your own thread? You're a joke my man, just like the heavyweight division!

Comment

Of course it's not the same thing! Football is much bigger than basketball and the #1 sport in the world.

Football>>>>>>Basketball
            I didn't say soccer wasn't the same as basketball... I said HAVING soccer isn't the same as having basketball... There's a difference

Comment

it is pretty sad that my fellow americans make excuses for why we suck at heavyweight boxing now. . . the argument FAILS MISERABLY that if it wasn't for the NFL and NBA we would still have the best heavyweights. . . smh. . .

Comment

just know that not all americans cry about the HW division. . . it is what it is what it is. . .

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  just know that not all americans cry about the HW division. . . it is what it is what it is. . .
                  Lol

everybody in boxing in the united states will tell you otherwise.
                  You gonna tell al bernstein he's wrong and should stop crying about it?

talented american big men used to box, dude

they do not any more.

just look at them
                  they are not gifted.

the best large athletes in the states no longer box (they play sports like basketball and football,) and this this the worst ever era for american talent at HW

draw some damn conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So you're bitching out in your own thread? You're a joke my man, just like the heavyweight division!

lol i got Red K for my troubles from "Domination"

if you arent drinking the kool aid on this one you are wrong

There is no real talent in american HW boxing. those guys are in other sports.
                    learn to deal with it

Comment

Until the coming of the next David happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X