Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters call movement(boxing off of the backfoot)running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evol View Post
    I agree if your doing that to set up a counter but most of the time that's not the case. Most of the time it's just a fighter going backward because his opponent is pressuring him. Then u guys come on here talking about he was fighting off his backfoot. If he's fighting off his backfoot he better be landing and dropping his opponent.
    What fights are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
      "THAT'S A BINGOOO!!"
      woah woah woah.. stealing my patter

Comment

Andre Dirrel vs Carl Froch = Runner
        Andre Dirrel vs Arther Abraham in the earlier rounds = boxer/counter puncher
        Jean Pascal vs Bernard in the later stages = runner
        Pernell Whitaker=boxer/mover/counterpuncher

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          When I'm lazily watching boxing, meaning unfocused on the techniques and tactics, brawls become more acceptable to me.

My favorite matches tend to be the master boxer versus someone with a more aggressive style. There's always a bunch of crying when the offensive machine with all his power gets his @ss kicked.
          you must like Chavez vs Taylor/Whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            .....same reason that posters like you call staying in the pocket and trading, Mindless brawling

Some fighter are running and some are counter punching or fighting on the outside.

Martinez isn't a runner for not staying in one spot but Khan doing laps when he's hurt is running.
            Pretty much all of this. There are some boxers who box off the backfoot naturally and some who do it when they're hurt, and then there's boxers who run for their lives. As he mentioned Khan in the [insert last 3 fighters here] fight. People who don't like a lot of movement in boxers are the ones who enjoy brawling and equate footwork to running.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              Them hands aint for show,they put in work

Goin' from ashy to classy...lmao

Comment

Working...
              X