No announcement yet.

Appreciating Floyd Patterson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
    Floyd Patterson should have a statue in his honor in Brooklyn, he was not just a great fighter but a great man. It's sad that I'm only appreciating him after his death, I hold that against myself.
    And there should be a Frazier statue in Philly. A number of people have always protested the fact that my hometown honors a fictional heavyweight champ and ignores its real champ.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
      And there should be a Frazier statue in Philly. A number of people have always protested the fact that my hometown honors a fictional heavyweight champ and ignores its real champ.
      I made a thread about that earlier this year. The idea that a Rocky statue is there but none for Joe Frazier is appalling.

Comment

I made a thread about that earlier this year. The idea that a Rocky statue is there but none for Joe Frazier is appalling.
        That's right it was you who planted that thought in my mind. I wish I could do something about it but I haven't lived there since 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          That's right it was you who planted that thought in my mind. I wish I could do something about it but I haven't lived there since 1998.
          I'm thinking of putting out an article about it soon.

Comment

I'm thinking of putting out an article about it soon.

Honestly...that is a "Great" idea. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
              Honestly...that is a "Great" idea. Do it.
              I've been thinking of it for some time, I just haven't the time nor resources to write consistently anymore.

Comment

I've been thinking of it for some time, I just haven't the time nor resources to write consistently anymore.
                I completely understand. I've been cramped for time myself; but made time recently and it felt good. An article such as you suggest is what I call a "noble and just cause". These are words than need to be written; your muse will guide you, if you let her.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                  I completely understand. I've been cramped for time myself; but made time recently and it felt good. An article such as you suggest is what I call a "noble and just cause". These are words than need to be written; your muse will guide you, if you let her.
                  I agree, but since I'm back on the wagon I've been trying very hard to seperate myself from the gift and the curse, or hard liquor as I put it LOL. It's been tough cuz I write at a library computer now cuz my laptop got stolen. I'm hoping to get one nextr week when I get paid.

Comment

we need some patterson fights on here,there very rare

Comment

I agree, but since I'm back on the wagon I've been trying very hard to seperate myself from the gift and the curse, or hard liquor as I put it LOL. It's been tough cuz I write at a library computer now cuz my laptop got stolen. I'm hoping to get one nextr week when I get paid.
                      Sounds cheesy; but that tells me you're gonna make it, kid. And don't take the "kid" thing negatively. You got heart, will, and determination....you've got drive. I admire the hell out of that. I really do.

Kick ass, man.

Comment

Working...
                      X