No announcement yet.

Mosley vs Tito and Quartey vs Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley vs Tito and Quartey vs Cotto

Who wins these two matchups. Mosley and Tito actually looked great around 99-01. But they had a hardfall around the sametime. So who wins this matchup

Also Cotto vs Quartey

I believe the Quartey that fought De La Hoya would more than hold his own against Cotto, But it would be a competitive fight because both of them like to bang and can jab their way in too. That would have been an awesome fight. I like Quartey by decision.

I think Tito-Mosley is very hard to call, Shane always had trouble with big guys who could box but Trinidad was just an offensive machine, He didnt have a varied skillset like a Vernon Forrest or Floyd Mayweather. That's a really hard fight to call but I give Tito a slight edge because of his size.

Comment

I think Mosley takes out Tito. Mosley at his best at welterweight could do it all, and Tito would have to land a perfect shot to drop Mosley, which I don't see happening.

Quartey-Cotto, that's a really tough one. I'd go Quartey, just a gut feeling.

Comment

i dont see anyway mosley could beat tito, tito was only beaten by good boxers/jabs...

Comment

I've always felt Trinidad is like Margarito but with better technique. Somebody that's always coming forward looking for the knockout with a great chin. However, since he did have more technique that's why I think he'd squeeze a real close decision in this one. Margarito just walked into every one of Mosley's shots and was obliterated. Tito offered a real stiff jab though and is not as predictable. So I think it'd would be a hell of a fight but Tito would squeeze by with a RAZOR THIN close decision.

And don't even make me pick between Ike & Cotto. That's a tough tough fight to call.

Comment

Mosley easily beats Tito, and Quartey would have landed big blows to knock out Cotto.

Comment

Tito-Mosley back in 99-01,I'd pick Mosley by ud!!I think that Tito started too slowly & Mosley had great stamina!!I see Mosley dropping him early & controlling the 1st half of the fight!!Tito would even out the fight as he got warm in the second half,but he wouldn't drop Mosley so they'd trade the second half of the fight,to the bell & Mosley would win because of the dominant 1st half!!Mosley has an iron chin & great boxers gave him trouble!!Tito to me wasn't that good of a boxer,he was just big & strong with great stamina!!Mosley's speed would be too much,it would look like DLH over again except Mosley wasn't running,he'd sit down on the power,drop Tito early & bang away to the final bell!!

Cotto-Ike,is a tough 1,I think the Ike jab vs the Cotto jab would have been great,I'll have to call that 1 a draw!!

Comment

mosley beats the hell out tito.mosley had trouble with big guys who can box i.e wright,forrest,oscar

a plodder like tito would be easy work.i think it would look like vargas/mosley with tito having some moments early but mosley eventually picking him apart

i would favor cotto over quartey by sd being as he had a deeper skillset

Comment

Working...
                X