Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DLH Struggled with an Old Whitaker...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    hate to break it to you but whitaker wasnt old at that time. he was in his prime. it was after dlh is when he started to go downhill
    I gotta go ahead and say this is inaccurate. By that time (1997) Whitaker had already shown VISIBLE signs of reflex loss and general sluggishness. Whitaker was having problems with cocaine and alcohol abuse and it showed WELL before he ever fought De La Hoya.

It's easy to see the difference if you watch him when he started his Welterweight campaign, and then watch him around 1996 when he was fighting the likes of Rivera and Hurtado. One of the biggest Welterweight showdowns of all-time was almost spoiled if not for the last ditch barrage of left hands by Pea!

Comment

Oscar has been troubled by boxers. He is troubled, like most excellent jabbers are, by another guy who can really jab.
      Floyd Mayweather is a terrible opponent for Oscar, especially at this stage of Oscar's career.

I have Floyd ca-ruising to a decision win ....& am not ruling out a late, submission-style TKO victory for him.

Comment

As for the thread topic at hand, De La Hoya sturggled with Whitaker because Whitaker was a lot more awkward than is Mayweather. He was a slippery lefty who knew every trick in the book as far as frustrating opponents go. Mayweather is a bit more of a textbook, standup guy.

All of that being said, Oscar is going to struggle badly with Mayweather too. Anyone who thinks he'll have an easier time with Mayweather isn't thinking straight. Smart money is definitely on a Mayweather decision.

I think people are thinking that Oscar is supremely motivated here, and he, as the bigger man, will turn in his career defining performance...that's why they are picking Oscar to win.

I think Mayweather will outbox him though.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
          I never mentioned a thing about their sparring affair. I merely pointed out much like Floyd.....Spadafora never beat anyone of note that wasn't completely tailor made for his style.

Which fights were gifts? He beat Sturm, he beat Whitaker and he definitely beat Quartey I think the Oscar hating just took everyone picking against him to the next level.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to big up Corley as an impressive opponent? Because that's not helping your case.

Yeah, and now Judah was what? the pound for pound king? he was knocked down twice with 1 single punch from Tszyu, then followed up his charades with a dropped decision against Spinks who he should have obliterated like he did in the rematch.

Well those people are ****ing morons....because Margarito was the person he should have fought. The same Margarito that dispatched one of the hottest prospects in the sport in Cintron.

Niiiiicce. So that means Mayweather should get to pick and chose the gloves? since when? is he the draw? no no he's not. Oscar is the one who brings the money to the table so he gets to set the rules. Bar none.

Once again I never said a damn thing about "glass chin". I was pointing out how stylistically Corrales is tailor made and that coupled with his total lack of defense in the ring. Huge difference than you trying to place text in my post that I never made to get some weird point across.

By beating who? a seventy five year old blow up Jesse James Leija?

Right and what about Castillo? Who fights regularly and against a level of opposition that's ridiculous compared to Floyd. In fact based on opponents alone he's fought by far the better. No comparison.

well for each answer for your reply

Zab was the undisput WW champ even though Tzyu hit him with a single punch KO but there is now denying that he KOed Spinks to get WBC, WBA and the IBF

and Cintron is just now improving so that win is not so hot like you make it to be.

well I didnt say which fight he was gifted but you answered that by yourself

I not making corely bigger but he is a good jr WW and that is something you cant deny it.

Well it will a bigger ownage for DHL because it was on his weight and own rules and that will be totaly ownage espically if he got easly schooled

Gatti had the WBC and fan fav. people used to know Gatti more that Mayeather so it a good money fight. and even he offered Hatton a fight too

and which ****er do you want Mayweather to beat after DHL so he is consider highly? If the guy is prick nothing to judge what he does in the ring and that is what all of you are doing trying to reduce his status.

Mayweather worked hard and shows that boxing does not need power to win but hard work and to be smart and wits. every of the fighters on both fighter they fought reached them to where there are?

and Why would DHL choose Mayweather and not Margarito or any other guy? and this is something I really want you to answer with honesty

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            Whitaker.....is one of the greatest fighters, ever. Top 15, in my book. Floyd, isn't there yet.....but could reach it if his ambitions stay high.
            End of thread.

If someone disagrees with this.....they're simply a Floyd nuthugger. Nobody ever said Floyd wasn't a badass and great fighter, but that all time great **** absolutely delusional. There's no way to justify stating that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

For those picking Oscar.....

You will have to fully credit Floyd after this weekend.....You obviously think Oscar is a hurdle, & it's a hurdle Floyd will easily leap.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
                For those picking Oscar.....

You will have to fully credit Floyd after this weekend.....You obviously think Oscar is a hurdle, & it's a hurdle Floyd will easily leap.
                True; Oscar at this weight is a huge move for Floyd. If he wins, he's accomplished something. but this is bigger than all his previous fights. Judah was maybe an awkward matchup,m but Judah is no Oscar. Castill was tough, but Castillo's not in the same league, etc.

Comment

Nice.

1. He lost to a tough brawler in Castillo but was awarded a gift decision.

2. He beat a guy who has no idea what defense is and was totally tailor made for him in Diego Corrales.

3. Judah? The same guy who lost to a cab driver from Argentina with over 12 losses who in turn lost to plumbers from Argentina.

4. A cab driver from Argentina in Baldomir

5. A punching bag in Gatti

Who else? Demarcus "chop chop" quarley? get out of here with that ****. You're trying to compare Pernell Whitaker to an unproven. Sure Floyd has skills......so did Spadafora.
                  OK, Mayweather hasn't done anything in his career. He's beaten nothing but bums, right? So why is DLH the underdog?

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
                    OK, Mayweather hasn't done anything in his career. He's beaten nothing but bums, right? So why is DLH the underdog?
                    Why in the **** was Freitas the underdog against Diaz?

Sin you're out of your element here. Styles make fights something you've never grasped in your entire life.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Why in the **** was Freitas the underdog against Diaz?

Sin you're out of your element here. Styles make fights something you've never grasped in your entire life.
                      i agree with evrything youve said in this thread, but come on, you know maragrito would get schooled by floyd.... margarito is good but not that great...

Comment

Working...
                      X