Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the Police in general?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can only speak on police where I come from (Australia). They generally fairly well regarded in doing their job, crime is low and matters requiring police presence are usually attended to quickly and professionally. If you watch aussie police shows like highway patrol, the force, border security. Of course this might be a different story if you're an obvious trouble maker where police will tend to start targeting and treating these people like ****. Aboriginals are targeted as well. There are bad eggs in the police wherever you go.

A couple criticisms would be our approach is to create a nanny state where individual freedoms and common sense is disappearing and replaced with an over regulated system. Roads and Traffic bureaucracy is out of control, you lose your license for going 10km/hr over on a highway. 2 beers and you're over the limit and license disqualified. Speed cameras absolutely everywhere. speed limits change every corner like the road planner has schizophrenia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Please post the police perjury stats. They reaffirm my opinion and hurt you'res.
      That's not how burden of proof works. You made a claim and are now asking me to research it. You must have a source for your claim of an excessive number of police perjury issues, post your source. Otherwise I will reasonably conclude that you don't have a basis for the claim, it just fits your narrative bias so you invented it.

Of course a base number is worthless for determining prevalence unless it can be expressed as a percentage of all cases.

Have I speed? Have I ran a red light? Yes. Can I charge any citizen I want with a crime?
      You were criticizing police for doing the same thing you do. What do powers of arrest have to do with this?

Will a judge or jury try a citizen criminally on my word? No.
      In a criminal case the police hand their evidence to a prosecutor (DA in the US or the Crown Counsel in Canada and Britain) who will determine if they have sufficient grounds to proceed with the prosecution. The prosecutor does not proceed with a case purely on the word of a police officer, why would a judge and jury?

I know you get off on conspiracy fantasies based on your posting history. I think it has made you paranoid.

My fear and preparation for such fear are valid. They are justified. Most Americans fear the police. Their heart rate rises when the police approach them. Why? Everything I have been writing about.
      Nope, it's because they are generally getting caught doing something they shouldn't and are about to get called out on it. Now generally it's going to be speeding or some other minor traffic violation, but in the case of the obstructionist nuisance video-the-cops types they've probably been smoking pot as well (hence the paranoia).

I got pulled over by the police for speeding once. It was 70 in a 50 but because I wasn't being a dick I got a ticket for 5 over. Which I paid by credit card that same day. Because I was speeding.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      Actually, the first video you posted is more in line with what I was talking about. The guy recording is being an uncooperative d*ck just because he dislikes police. Furthermore, the annotations on the video are laden with misinformation and advice on how to go about obstructing the police yourself. It even goes as far as to advise the viewer to plead "not guilty" to any speeding ticket they get (even in guilty, I suppose) and to show up court to waste not only the police officer's time (like a day off for him) but the time and resources of the courthouse as well.

All of this over what?

A speeding ticket.

Ridiculous.
      Police officers get paid overtime for going to court on their days off. The highest earning cops are the ones that urban warriors like Mannie Phresh hate the most, the ones that spend all day writing traffic tickets, because they spend the most time getting paid extra to be in court, all because of the bad advice from Youtube saying you should plead not guilty to traffic tickets you are guilty of, just to waste resources.

How many of those people also oppose tax increases?

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Keep youre mouth salivating and anus lubed up then. We have a bill of rights and elite statists like yourself continue to question and insult those that exercise them. The ideological title wave youre riding is leading towards the stripping of individual rights. The consolidation of state power against individuals has been in full effect since the Patriot Act. It is absolutely, credibly, necessary for individuals to exercise their constitutionally protected rights before elite statists strip them away in the name of security.
      Yes, we're about to live in a totalitarian state because people who break traffic rules aren't being idiotic enough with law enforcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Yes if you get pulled over by police immediately accuse them of speeding and of using a cell phone illegally. It's also helpful to remind them that you pay taxes and that they should be out catching "real criminals". Police officers, like everyone, enjoy being reminded of how to do their job. Oh and the whole thing was started because he honked at a police car? What an absolute fucking clown.

Or... or... he could not violate the law and could expedite the whole process by simply cooperating in a reasonable manner. I wouldn't consent to any unreasonable breach of my privacy. Opening your window a tiny crack is like a subtle sign that you're a **** disturber. Or you're smoking pot in the car which I suspect is an issue for the sort of wastes of space who post videos called things like "How to survive a traffic stop".

I mean I could demonstrate my "constitutional right" at the passport office to stand five feet from the counter and communicate in mumbles or demonstrate my "constitutional right" at McDonalds to ask for all the toppings to be separately wrapped. Doing so would simply make me a dick. I'm not protecting myself, I'm just annoying somebody who is doing their job.
        Im not taking a side per say I see both sides of this but you must admit if that vid wasn't there the cop would have never changed his tune and the trucker would have ended up with a fat ass ticket and for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
          Im not taking a side per say I see both sides of this but you must admit if that vid wasn't there the cop would have never changed his tune and the trucker would have ended up with a fat ass ticket and for what?
          Because he was being a shit disturber with a cop.

Comment

• Here in Mexico there are divisions within the popo. There's the state, local (special team in my city called LOBOS), federal police and the police in charge of everything regarding the road and traffic shit. In general state and the local police are pretty cool dudes specially the LOBOS those guys are the nicest ones, federals are hard to approach and they give out a weird vibe, it's even weird to even make eye contact, something like authorized thugs I don't fcuck with those.

Now those motorized road cops are a bunch of fat fucks looking to get ******ed people to extort and push for a way to end everything with a bribe. I've yet to encounter a nice one so those are the only ones a truly dislike.

Comment

Because he was being a shit disturber with a cop.
              sh#t disturber? how??? cuz he pointed out that a cop was breaking the law?

Comment

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                sh#t disturber? how??? cuz he pointed out that a cop was breaking the law?
                Because he honked a police officer then began filming him when he inevitably got pulled over.

Comment

• I got no problems with cops..

They have treated me fairly for the most part.. I am always respectful and they have been decent.. Sometimes I get the ticket and sometimes I have gotten just a warning..

Being a cop is a tremendously difficult job, especially when dealing with domestic disputes, etc..

Comment

Because he honked a police officer then began filming him when he inevitably got pulled over.
                    So you going 65-70 a cop flies past you dangerously on his cell phone in the rain you don't honk? you don't care? you just let it go? I suppose that is the dif between the do's and do nots of this world...so people do some people don't but does that give the cop the right to bust his balls about it? keep in mind this is a person who drives for a living...it's his livelihood...its not like he honked at the dude for no reason at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      Keep youre mouth salivating and anus lubed up then. We have a bill of rights and elite statists like yourself continue to question and insult those that exercise them. The ideological title wave youre riding is leading towards the stripping of individual rights. The consolidation of state power against individuals has been in full effect since the Patriot Act. It is absolutely, credibly, necessary for individuals to exercise their constitutionally protected rights before elite statists strip them away in the name of security.
                      That's a ton of 'Kool-Aid' you're drinking, bro.

"We have to obstruct police officers over simple moving violations or else slavery!"

Comment

Working...
                      X