No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
    Marquez is the man, but won't take a chance again with Mayweather now as he is now technically an 'A side'. However if he is to fight again he needs to maybe fight a tune, or go direct to Manny as he is not getting younger and Manny might fight a different fight next time and outwork and outhustle him.
    what the f does he need a tune up for? he could've fought bradley in march or april which would've made him the first mexican born 5 divisional champion...he didn't

he now openly states he doesn't want pac or mayweather who are the two biggest paydays and risks for him...

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed another deal with gbp to challenge garcia, but then again would that also be too high of a risk?

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      Really? When has Manny Pacquiao EVER came close to stopping Juan Manuel Marquez? He could not even do it in his early prime. Marquez just knows he cannot beat Mayweather and that's why he is not chasing him for another fight. A fighter knows when he is out matched. Pacquiao on the other hand had Marquez in his side like a thorn for 8 years because Marquez arguably beat Manny at least two times prior to the 4th fight.
      he came pretty damn close in the last time they fought as marquez was wobbly for most of the 5th round

in case u forgot the general consensus in all 4 fights was that only pac couldve won by stoppage and that was for a reason

the f u talking bout being outmatched? arce knew he was outmatched by donaire but he still challenged him instead of defending the belt he just won...warriors don't give a **** if they're outmatched or not especially when there's a career high payday involved

marquez is looking to fight a b-class fighter in mexico so he can win impressively, avoid paying taxes and people will still think he's a monster because the pac win will linger for some time to come

Comment

Fight Timothy Bradley then. I'm sure he'll come to Mexico.

Comment

Marquez has been making a lot of statements this week. Not really sure what that means and what he's positioning for...but both he and Floyd have made some news this week. I thought I read that he believed he would do better in a rematch but now is saying he doesn't want it. I take the 'oh well' back, I do want to see this fight

Comment

He knows better, mayweather is no pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior
              I'm with you Panda. Nothing to add to an already good post

Comment

A fight with Floyd means ost, marquez: ahhhhh no mas.

Funny reading some of these comments saying marquez knew he lost and have no chance against Floyd again. Ummm that's the heart of a champion right lol. Just retired then.

Comment

I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior
                  no he said before the 4th fight with Manny that was the last fight..they both did

Comment

he came pretty damn close in the last time they fought as marquez was wobbly for most of the 5th round

in case u forgot the general consensus in all 4 fights was that only pac couldve won by stoppage and that was for a reason

the f u talking bout being outmatched? arce knew he was outmatched by donaire but he still challenged him instead of defending the belt he just won...warriors don't give a **** if they're outmatched or not especially when there's a career high payday involved

marquez is looking to fight a b-class fighter in mexico so he can win impressively, avoid paying taxes and people will still think he's a monster because the pac win will linger for some time to come
                    That's BS Panda, Maruqez was getting hit but he was still in the fight and was tagging Manny even in the 6th round. I watched that round carefully and it didn't look like he was overwhelmed as you make it sound like. He fought a smart and technical fight. For you to even question whether Marquez is a warrior or not shows that you are a lil salty that he put Pacuiao's face down for 5 minutes.

Marquez ain't scared of Floyd and especially not Manny. Marquez just knows that there ain't no reason for a rematch with Floyd because he had NO success at all. I noticed on boxingscene posters keep talking about these fighters money and how much they can make but who cares at the end of the day. Some people just don't make career decisions based off money alone.

Dumbest thing I keep reading on here is "Manny was about to stop Maruqez if it wasn't for the lucky punch". ******ed because how can the punch be lucky when Manny ran right into it? Marquez was setting him up the whole fight. Even dropped him in the 3rd. Delusional posters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                      no he said before the 4th fight with Manny that was the last fight..they both did
                      The funny thing is that all of Pacquiao fans seem to over look my sig like it never was said by any of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X