No announcement yet.

Petersons not a true champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petersons not a true champ

i love the guy,, he's very polite,,very good character deserves nothin but the best,,,
    (im not cryin trynna make a case for khan i just thought it was a good scrap and i wanna see part 2)

BUT a true champion woulda gave khan a rematch,,, let me get off topic here for a bit,,, go back to mayweather vs corrales 1 people thought it was a good and CLOSE fight some even argued corrales won,, but mayweather did the champion thing and gave him an immidate rematch,,,

Now the way it seems in my eyes,,, Peterson dont want it I think Team Peterson has their backs against the wall right now!

Make Less $ with Bradley and lose (bradley wins the rematch)

Make more $ with Khan and "possible win the rematch) he gave khan his toughest fight "you said yourself you wanted the rematch"

only way i give peterson a pass was IF he was in negotaions (typo) with marquez or pacquioa,,, he still has un-finished buiness at 140 IMO

For one you mean Castillo, not Corrales. Second, a true champion would have taken his lost, not complained, point fingers at everybody, look to get the decision overturned and corner his opponent into an immediate rematch. Peterson won fair and square, he's in his right to weigh his options like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      For one you mean Castillo, not Corrales. Second, a true champion would have taken his lost, not complained, point fingers at everybody, look to get the decision overturned and corner his opponent into an immediate rematch. Peterson won fair and square, he's in his right to weigh his options like everyone else.
      yup, plus ge was a lot more open to an rematch until ihan went on a tantrum

Comment

With the way Golden Boy have treated him, I don't blame him for not giving Khan another shot. Not to mention Khan's whining.

Comment

Also, find it funny that you would say Peterson's back is against the wall as both Peterson and Marquez have shown interest in fighting each other.

Comment

Peterson won and is now a viable option to fight Pacquiao. How can anyone blame Peterson for not keeping his options open when he could stand to triple his highest pay day and get a super fight? He also may fight Marquez which is also a bigger fight than Khan.

Peterson would be an idiot to fight Khan again right now.

Comment

Peterson has the opportunity of a lifetime, he should do whats right for his career and family. If he gets a mega payday to fight Manny or Floyd then who can blame him? He can always rematch Khan down the line when it suits him.

Comment

pardon me i got castillo and corrales mixed up,,,

but it was a great fight,, if you read the post i said "not trynna make a case for khan i just saw a great scrap and think part 2 would be just as good"

Team Khan offered $1,000,000 purse and 50/50 ppv split

go back to when he fought bradley he jus got $345,000

he got $650,000 for the 1st fight with khan

would you turn down a million dollars knowing you kicked khans ass?? ask your self

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Depends what you're definition of "fair and square" is.

If home town decisions, favourable officiating and having an unauthorised person messing with scorecards is now "fair and square" in boxing....I guess.

Comment

i like peterson and i can understand him weighing his increased lucrative options, but i think he should give khan a rematch, maybe not in his next couple of fight but down the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X