Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Mayweather and Top Rank do business together?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el malo View Post
    I don't want to see Floyd vs Manny unless Manny ko's Rios and then Bradley.

Pac just needs to KO Rios to make the Money fight relevant again.

Comment

Arum is more of the problem, once he is out of the way and Todd Duboef takes over, you will see GBP vs Top Rank Events FOR SURE

Arum is extremely BITTER Toward Oscar and Mayweather and maybe he has a reason because they both left Top Rank and went on to make a lot of money without him

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
        The answer is sadly no and will always be no as long as bob arum is still alive.
        Top Rank has expressed dozens of times the wish to make the BIG fight, but Phoney Phloyd Testweather keeps asking for impossible conditions. Top Rank is a huge business and run the way a business should be, but Mayweather "Promotions" is run as a personal pastime in a very hit-or-miss fashion.

It can't even get a promoter's licence...I don;t know why, except that the requirements as to past history, financial condition, etc etc are too stringent for them. Mayweather just wouldn't want to open up that kind of info.

Comment

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
          Pac just needs to KO Rios to make the Money fight relevant again.
          Rios is B grade he needs to beat a legit fighter to show he is competitive with Floyd , Bradley right now deserves a Floyd fight more than Manny does , and thats how it should go down .

Comment

Floyd doesn't trust bob. Who does? He's a scummy liar and a thief. Floyd has a good relatuonshiop with duboef. Maybe when bob retires or dies all this crap will be over with.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              Top Rank has expressed dozens of times the wish to make the BIG fight, but Phoney Phloyd Testweather keeps asking for impossible conditions. Top Rank is a huge business and run the way a business should be, but Mayweather "Promotions" is run as a personal pastime in a very hit-or-miss fashion.

It can't even get a promoter's licence...I don;t know why, except that the requirements as to past history, financial condition, etc etc are too stringent for them. Mayweather just wouldn't want to open up that kind of info.
              So why haven't they made any other fights with gbp?

Comment

Honestly i think this whole GBP/floyd/arum beef is all just for show...

reminds me of pro wrestling back in the day with the different promotions,, they wouldnt do business for years, have some beef, make loads of money with their own guys and then after a few years have "supercards" pitting each others superstars against each other,,, and then back to beefing to build up the feud, and do it all over again,,,

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                  if it means that ducquiao has to fight floyd...well then no. pac already turned down $40 million then went and got put to sleep for $17 mil
                  Mannys purse for JMM 4 was less than that

Comment

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
                    Top Rank has the two fighters everyone wants to see Floyd fight; Manny Pacquiao and Tim Bradley. Floyd should try to make the Manny fight for May assuming Manny beats Rios and let Bradley fight Garcia and the winners of those two fights fight in a SuperFight in September.

Obviously Mayweather vs. Manny then Mayweather vs. Bradley would be the Two Super Fights that would kill at the Box Office.

Floyd and Arum could each make a boat load of cash if they can find a way to work together.
                    Bradley will never sell.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      So why haven't they made any other fights with gbp?
                      they have. oscar-pac? hopkins-pavlik? lara-vanes? when has floyd worked with top rank since leaving........oh yeah never. top rank won't work with gbp! i hate reality!

Comment

Working...
                      X