No announcement yet.

Boxing in Manila

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in Manila

The only fight I can see is Johnriel Casimero vs Felipe Salguero at the Cuneta Astrodome Pasay City, the 26th of October ...... see I'm gonna be in Manila between December and May next as my girlfriend is filipina and I be stay near Paranaque ...... is there any live boxing around there? ... Paranaque/Pasay or just the center of Manila? ...... if so where? -----the only fight upcoming of note I've found is the one above.... I wish it was 1975 and I was in Manila around October, hahahahaha

....... but seriously any decent fights happening in Manila around Dec-May?

Tonight there is the Nietes-Gutierrez and Sabillo-Buitrago double world title twin bill, which never happens in Manila. That will be memorable.

But for the most part, boxing in Manila is limited to club show type events at covered courts in barangays and at the Elorde Sports Complex in Paranaque. I'd say there are probably more fights in Manila than in NY, but the quality is usually less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
      Tonight there is the Nietes-Gutierrez and Sabillo-Buitrago double world title twin bill, which never happens in Manila. That will be memorable.
      Mr. Ryan, I was trying to find out who won. Have the fights happened yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bull24 View Post
        Mr. Ryan, I was trying to find out who won. Have the fights happened yet?
        Yeah, Sabillo-Buitrago was a draw, Nietes won by KO3. Great fights actually

Comment

Working...
        X