Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire fights and beat Rigondeaux, is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be his 4th real good opponent faced in his career. Darchinyan, Montiel and Mathebula are his only worthy opponents to mention. At 30 years old, you want a little more than just 3 good fighters on your resume. I do not see Nishioka, Marquez, Vazquez Jr, Sydorenko as fighters to mention like they're hot sh-t.

Donaire should look at his good friend, 28 year old Andre Ward. He has more really good fighters than Donaire, but he's two years younger. Dawson, Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham. Ward is beating guys who were favored to win tournaments, guys who are Ring champions, while Donaire is here wanting to fight...Jorge Arce. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
      Donaire will have a little credit for it. Coz Rigo got a Pathetic Pro record. Rigo should give Donaire his Olympic medal if Donaire beats him. It should be in the Contract as an incentive for Donaire!
      Pathetic record my ass. Look at two other highly touted Olympians, Dirrell and Ward. Very few pro fights, and the pro fights they did have were against no names. This made people believe they were the weakest participants in the tourney. Then you know what happened.

Rigondeaux with his 11-0 record would give Donaire his toughest fight to date.

Comment

given the opponents Donaire faced, i am gonna cut him some slack. Rigo needs a few more fights.

Comment

sigh...........i hate woulda shoulda coulda threads.

we can't even get this fight signed & here we are making threads about "if" donaire wins.

Comment

Donaire is already one of the ATG's..he would beat rigo easy its not even worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              sigh...........i hate woulda shoulda coulda threads.

we can't even get this fight signed & here we are making threads about "if" donaire wins.
              you know it's the big league. at least couple of fights would silence any critic.

Comment

no. this message is too short, so I will say again, no.

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                  it will be his best win
                  Somebody had to start the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    I would give him more credit for a victory over Mares.
                    true that! rigo he ain't nothin'. amatuer boxing is worlds apart to pro boxing. donaire will tear the guyz azz up in the ring and get ktfo

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                      They say they will now. But when he ko's him they'll say Rigo was a glorified amateur and was overrated and blah blah blah.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      You know it. And 90% of them would disappear, just like the Bute nuthuggers.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      It would be his 4th real good opponent faced in his career. Darchinyan, Montiel and Mathebula are his only worthy opponents to mention. At 30 years old, you want a little more than just 3 good fighters on your resume. I do not see Nishioka, Marquez, Vazquez Jr, Sydorenko as fighters to mention like they're hot sh-t.

Donaire should look at his good friend, 28 year old Andre Ward. He has more really good fighters than Donaire, but he's two years younger. Dawson, Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham. Ward is beating guys who were favored to win tournaments, guys who are Ring champions, while Donaire is here wanting to fight...Jorge Arce. Come on.
                      Donaire has 2 top 10 P4P fighters on his resume, Ward has 1 and he made him come down to his weight while Donaire fought them at their best weight. Donaire has the better resume.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Pathetic record my ass. Look at two other highly touted Olympians, Dirrell and Ward. Very few pro fights, and the pro fights they did have were against no names. This made people believe they were the weakest participants in the tourney. Then you know what happened.

Rigondeaux with his 11-0 record would give Donaire his toughest fight to date.
                      Ward did beat Miranda before the S6. Rigondeaux hasn't beaten anybody as dangerous as Miranda.

Comment

Working...
                      X