No announcement yet.

How many tune ups did these guys have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    We don't care if he doesn't fight Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, Jacobs, Lee, Saunders. Really, we don't. He can move up, we will not complain about him moving up to a superior weight class. The one's who care about those fights are GGG fans, not GGG critics, that's where the signals are getting crossed. I read itirations of this all the time: "GGG haters say GGG hasn't fought anyone but that's because the top MW's are ducking"......no, that is not true, we do not care about the top MW's. The same top MW's can be beaten by Cotto, a small/short JMW, that's bad. I think Cotto can beat Lemieux, Lee, Quillin, these guys are very average. If GGG beats the Cotto/Canelo winner in 2016, followed by the Lee/Saunders winner, and then meets either Quillin or Jacobs in the end of 2016 or begining of 2017, none of that would matter to his critics. Cleaning out a weak division is not what we are looking forward to.

I like Fortuna, but do you think I would care if he cleans out his weak division? Uchiyama, Salido/Martinez winner and that's it. I rather Fortuna beat him and then move up to a better division, even skip 135 cause that one is not much better either.

On the otherhand, I am a Crawford fan, but he's good at 140 because that is a pretty stacked division right now with Postol at the top and then guys like Herrera, Matthysse, Broner at the bottom. I like seeing good fighters in good divisions, that's all. GGG is good, but I rather see him in a good division. MW is very average. Small Cotto came up and knocked out two top 10 guys fairly easily, that is pathetic, a former junior welterweight mandhandling top 10 MW's. Of course GGG is going to look even more monstrous against them.

Catchweights doe.

Geale was GGG leftovers
    Sergio had bum knees

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Jmm when he moved to 147

Leonard when he moved up to 160

Roy when he moved up to 168

Pac when he moved up to 147

Roy when he moved ro heavyweight

Floyd when he moved up to 154

Just saying
      Wilder is the Alphabet Champ with 34 Tune ups, Oh yea 33 Will count Steverne as a legit fight

Comment

We don't care if he doesn't fight Cotto, Canelo, Quillin, Jacobs, Lee, Saunders. Really, we don't. He can move up, we will not complain about him moving up to a superior weight class. The one's who care about those fights are GGG fans, not GGG critics, that's where the signals are getting crossed. I read itirations of this all the time: "GGG haters say GGG hasn't fought anyone but that's because the top MW's are ducking"......no, that is not true, we do not care about the top MW's. The same top MW's can be beaten by Cotto, a small/short JMW, that's bad. I think Cotto can beat Lemieux, Lee, Quillin, these guys are very average. If GGG beats the Cotto/Canelo winner in 2016, followed by the Lee/Saunders winner, and then meets either Quillin or Jacobs in the end of 2016 or begining of 2017, none of that would matter to his critics. Cleaning out a weak division is not what we are looking forward to.

I like Fortuna, but do you think I would care if he cleans out his weak division? Uchiyama, Salido/Martinez winner and that's it. I rather Fortuna beat him and then move up to a better division, even skip 135 cause that one is not much better either.

On the otherhand, I am a Crawford fan, but he's good at 140 because that is a pretty stacked division right now with Postol at the top and then guys like Herrera, Matthysse, Broner at the bottom. I like seeing good fighters in good divisions, that's all. GGG is good, but I rather see him in a good division. MW is very average. Small Cotto came up and knocked out two top 10 guys fairly easily, that is pathetic, a former junior welterweight mandhandling top 10 MW's. Of course GGG is going to look even more monstrous against them.
        You might not care about Ggg vs Cotto/Canelo, but that's the biggest fight of the year, for 3 belts plus lineal. They'd have to be insane to forego that for the weak SMW division. Aa is #1, he sucks at SMW and could well lose to Murray. You got Jack at 3, more embarrassing past than Lemieux. Degale with 1 top ten win, and a bunch with zero: Ramirez, Chudinov, Groves, Smith. Stieglitz top 10, Sturm hanging around.

Comment

Andre tune up ward isnt fooling anyone.

Im thinking he may wanna screw hbo .get that easy 6 million for three easy tune ups and fake an injury.

I wanna know if ward is picking his tune ups or is hbo giving a list.

Comment

Anyway, so GGG has no surgery or anything like that, no layoff, so why won't he move up to 168 and fight the best already?

?
            Do you actually know GGG is a 160lber? And has other business in his own division.

Comment

Im thinking he may wanna screw hbo .get that easy 6 million for three easy tune ups and fake an injury.

HBO is not gonna sign off on the guys Ward has been trying to fight, like Paul Smith, Periban, Dunn, Truax, Sartison. That's why this is taking so long, 6 weeks out. They wanted him to start with Yunieski Gonzalez, that wasn't his idea of a tuneup

Comment

One guy is clearing 160. The other is fighting tune ups at 175..

Comment

WHY is everybody pressing GGG to fight Ward @ 168?
                  1. Let GGG unify Middleweight.
                  2. Let Ward go through LHW & win/lose vs. who he can there.
                  3. Let them meet @ 168 in July of 2017 in a huge PPV fight.

This has become the next May/Pac hype-fest without the pedigree lol.

Comment

I was thinking that might be a possibility just take the money then get off some how after the easy tune ups.

Comment

Working...
                    X