No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko's Resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    It is a shame that this kid is allowed to purposely disrupt this forum for the sole purpose of his entertainment. Why this allowed is a mystery to me especially when his personal agenda is to goat people into confrontations not dialog! He was banned in the past so why is he tolerated now?

No offense to Wlad but when someone like this kid is "using you" to start BS I find it sad.

Through no fault of Wlad he has never fought won or lost to anyone near ATG status!
    The titlists on his record are all short lived and already forgotten. Their records were padded with trial horse opponents and missed matched opposition.
    Some who were considered "bums" now but "highly thought of then"? Seriously?

Sonny your the only "BUM" you have taken it upon yourself to degrade retired and even deceased passed fighters without any remorse. Your a disgrace and
    in my retirement I would "unretired" just to...................meet you!

Ray Corso.............................ban this fool!
    I find it disgusting that you use your status in the boxing community, whatever that may be, to throw your weight around and promote outdated ideas and well historical eras at the expense of brave fighting men of recent times.

Your not doing them any favours, all you do it set the sport back in the dark ages instead of moving forward.

It's disrespectful to current champs and current fighters for whatever your motivations are.

And I can't recall me or anyone ever being abusive to you, for every negative comment about a past fighter you have provided one of your own about a current along with an abusive and derogatory personal attack, often threatening, to go with it.

Angry, angry, old Man!

Elroy1

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      There is no denying Wlad is a great fighter and has a good resume but it pales in comparison to the great resumes of past HW champs, through no fault of his own. However, when guys like you start posting crap where Wach is supposed to be deemed a top opponent...it just makes Wlad look weak.

Wlad's three truly stand out victories are Haye, Povetkin and Peters....maybe TT.
      They are great opponents.

What "great champion" of the past had better?

Most of those opponents would have bashed the resumes of other former champs.

Nobody has beaten heavier opponents OR opponents with better records AND,

the opponents of those opponents, contrary to what our old mate Ray said, had much MUCH better records than the opponents opponents of your old heroe's.

FACT!

There's no way you can spin your way out of that one.

You had your time.. you got beaten out of HW boxing.. Deal with it!

Vitali himself had a great resume too. Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield, yeah, they also had a comparative run, although Holyfield LOST to a lot of his opponents.

And that pretty much exhausts the competition, nobody else really compares in terms of resume.. That is of course, unless your going to compare fighters like Brian London and Billy Conn to modern opponents. In which case I'd say your a bloody fool.

WK would not be allowed to knock those opponents out and neither should he.
      Last edited by Elroy1; 06-30-2014, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
        That's an OPINION.

You could say the same about any fighter.
        What many of these guys don't even understand is that the opponents of say, Muhammad Ali for instances, earned their shot at Muhammad by beating absolute bums that would make the opponents of Thompson seem like supermen by comparison.

Most of these guys don't even know the quality of the opponents their heroes fought was beyond bad by comparison.

Tony Thompson would have held the HW belt in a previous era no doubt! He is a great boxer and a good opponent/win for WK.

But not in OTNB land.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          How many ATG's has he fought? None.

The likes of Leapai, Pianeta and Mormeck make up the bulk of his title defences. The fact that he doesn't like to fight lowers his appeal a notch.

He just stays on the outside using his jab and the odd right hand. If his opponent tries to go inside Wladimir just grabs and leans on him. If his opponent lands a good shot he holds straight away.
          The reason there are no other ATG's besides Klits for them to fight is because they are so good that they never allowed any other contenders for ATG status to shine.

In an era where there were a lot of ATG's to fight, nobody was REALLY that good, because if they were, the other guys wouldn't have been able to reach that status.

Obviously!

Guys like Chagaev, Ibragimov etc, they would have been ATG in the past, but today they have to contend with champions that are just so unbelievably good that their own worth went more unnoticed.

The "ATG" argument is among the most stupidest arguments the nutbags make. Would their status be improved had they knocked out ATG opponents like Patterson for example? WK wouldn't even be ALLOWED to KO some ATG's for Christ sake!

Comment

It's by far the best HW resume post-Lewis.

Historically among great HWs, it is dog feces.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome-O View Post
              It's by far the best HW resume post-Lewis.

Historically among great HWs, it is dog feces.
              What is your reasoning behind this statement? Surely you must be able to provide arguments for such a bold suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                I find it disgusting that you use your status in the boxing community, whatever that may be, to throw your weight around and promote outdated ideas and well historical eras at the expense of brave fighting men of recent times.

Your not doing them any favours, all you do it set the sport back in the dark ages instead of moving forward.

It's disrespectful to current champs and current fighters for whatever your motivations are.

And I can't recall me or anyone ever being abusive to you, for every negative comment about a past fighter you have provided one of your own about a current along with an abusive and derogatory personal attack, often threatening, to go with it.

Angry, angry, old Man!

Elroy1

I got a good laugh out of that.

People talk of disrespect and so on but what gets me is their double standards, its okay for them to disrespect one of our greatest heavyweights of this era but its not okay to question things about former heavyweights of the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post

I got a good laugh out of that.

People talk of disrespect and so on but what gets me is their double standards, its okay for them to disrespect one of our greatest heavyweights of this era but its not okay to question things about former heavyweights of the past?
                  This is what I think as well. Vlad gets so much shit from everyone constantly, a lot of it being of a very personal nature too, a good example in Haye and the headless t shirts. That's presumably all cool, because you know, Vlad sucks anyway.

But when someone even dares to draw criticism on the Golden Era heroes, there is outcry and enragement everywhere you look. Hypocrisy and double standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    This is what I think as well. Vlad gets so much shit from everyone constantly, a lot of it being of a very personal nature too, a good example in Haye and the headless t shirts. That's presumably all cool, because you know, Vlad sucks anyway.

But when someone even dares to draw criticism on the Golden Era heroes, there is outcry and enragement everywhere you look. Hypocrisy and double standards.
                    They need to be Americans to be accepted, pure and simple.

Lennox Lewis cops the same abuse because of his nationality.
                    "Oh he ducked Prime Tyson"
                    "Oh he never faced prime Holyfield"

This is the level of bias we're facing.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                      That's an OPINION.

You could say the same about any fighter.
                      No, it's a simple matter of looking at who he's beaten and seeing he's never beaten anyone. He fights a lot of guys and loses to the ones who are actually good. A lot of Wlad's opponents never beat anyone top 5-10 in the division, they have these undefeated records that don't mean a thing.

Regardless of what you think about Byrd or Haye or Povetkin or Peter from a historical standpoint, they beat guys who mattered at heavyweight, they have wins that made it clear where they stand in the division, so they are good wins. Those are notable wins for Wlad. Guys like Thompson and Wach and Leapai and the majority of Wlad's defenses never do that. They come in, lose to Wlad, and are never heard from again.
                      Last edited by bojangles1987; 06-30-2014, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X