Sony Announce $1.27 BILLION net LOSS for 2013 FY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Sony Announce $1.27 BILLION net LOSS for 2013 FY

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/05/0...te-ps4-success

That was during The PS4's development and marketing. The PS4 launched at the end of the year.

With its performance, affordability and capability, it's a product that sells itself. Its the fastest selling console of all time by a ridiculous amount and its jumpstarting a new generation of gaming.

Plus project morpheus could be a game changer. I tried the oculus and was blown away except it made me sick. The morpheus does everything the oculus does with a stronger emphasis on comfort.

If they can perfect a good VR headset, that's going to be the new thing that everybody wants, because to be honest it is pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      That was during The PS4's development and marketing. The PS4 launched at the end of the year.

With its performance, affordability and capability, it's a product that sells itself. Its the fastest selling console of all time by a ridiculous amount and its jumpstarting a new generation of gaming.

Plus project morpheus could be a game changer. I tried the oculus and was blown away except it made me sick. The morpheus does everything the oculus does with a stronger emphasis on comfort.

If they can perfect a good VR headset, that's going to be the new thing that everybody wants, because to be honest it is pretty amazing.
      /Thread. Get out more WWF boy.

Comment

This has nothing to do with gaming.

PlayStation has been doing great.

Sony, the company, lost a lot of money mostly due to its sale of its PC business (Vaio, etc). Also their disc manufacturing business since physical media contracted faster than anticipated. They plan to offset these losses by 2015 because of restructuring costs out of the way early.

Comment

That has 0 to do with gaming their quarterly 200+ million loss is due to their stupid nobody wants to buy computers, and the blu ray turds. They need to get out of those sinkholes asap. Like I said before Sony and Microsoft are not solely gaming companies, and the gaming division on both can be affected by other divisions performing poorly.

Comment

yea gtfo xbox fanboy, have fun paying to play online... oh wait

Comment

Sony sold all of its share of square Enix at a $100M loss/ market value, also sold properties and other assists in Tokyo in time to report for 1st QTR

not looking good right now for Sony probably a major announcement will come soon

Comment

yeah its a pretty good thing they lost that money actually, like net loss is good for business, this is a real positive for sony

Comment

its only been out one xmas.

Next xmas im buying myself a PS4, Fifa 15,

and im hoping there will be some better games out by then, they got 6 months.

Till then im sticking with ps3. fifa 13 and gta online

Comment

im gona buy 2 more PS4's cause they deserve it

Comment

Working...
                    X