Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pre-workout drink you've had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a couple years since I used one but I remember Black Powder bebing my favorite of all the ones I've tried. The taste was brutal but it gave you an insane rush. I wanna try and get jack3d sometime because people rave about it.

Comment

healthy food and water

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
        Why not just eat the correct food before a workout? Instead of putting all that crap in, some of which you dont even know what it is, it isnt normal to be off your nut whilst perfroming excersize.

If you cant do a workout without pumping yourself full of false energy, find something else to do.
        Because it's fun.

Back to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I was actually going to put in my opening post, that if you're going to say you don't use a pre workout drink or say you don't need any PW drink because you are tough, then don't bother posting at all. But I didn't think there would be some one like that on this section.
          I didn't say anything about "tough". I just asked what the point was. It wasn't a rhetorical question.

Personally, I don't take any "supplements" because (a) I don't know what significant benefit they could possibly give men, and (b) if they did give me a benefit, I'd feel like a cheater because not everyone has the money to buy them. Just a stupid personality quirk of mine.

What is the purpose of a pre-workout drink? Does it provide more energy? Give you more hydration? It seems like drinking something heavy before training would slow me down if my body has to digest it while I'm trying to train.

For me, I bring a bottle of Powerade to the gym every night, along with a huge jug of water. Once the Powerade is done, I switch to H2O.

Comment

I mix two scoops of jack3d with 2oz of water... its basically like a shot.

Its nothing more than a concentrated redbull.

Just gives you energy and I dont want to hear about the "just eat the right foods" bull****. Sure, that helps... but sit at a desk for 8 hours and go home and see how much energy you have at 7pm at night with your chicken and veggies dinner.

It's completely normal to have down days... I'm 29 and in good shape... I get tired man, I work all day... I get home, Im tired. Quick shot of jack3d and in half an hour I literally cant wait to workout.

It works, period.

Comment

I used to use Jack3d (fruitpunch) mixed with Waximaze (fruit punch). BEST COMBO imo!

But since then I only take supplements that are basically organic. No artificial flavors, colors, stimulants etc.

The problem is with a lot of these pre-workout drinks is that they pump you up and get your heart rate going but are horrible if you are doing any kind of cardio. You shouldn’t take that stimulants when doing any kind of cardio… hell that’s half the problem with some of these products being banned as they do actually work but people take them the wrong way and harm their bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Just gives you energy and I dont want to hear about the "just eat the right foods" bull****. Sure, that helps... but sit at a desk for 8 hours and go home and see how much energy you have at 7pm at night with your chicken and veggies dinner.

It's completely normal to have down days... I'm 29 and in good shape... I get tired man, I work all day... I get home, Im tired. Quick shot of jack3d and in half an hour I literally cant wait to workout.

It works, period.
                I work with a lot of special forces guys (to say the least) and they have this drink that they mix before heading outside the fence.

6 oz of Gatorade
                2 1/2 scoops jack3d
                1 can of RIPIT (energy drink) (commonly seen at deployed locations, not sure if it is something you can get Stateside).

Mix and chug. It is a heart attack in a bottle. Flight doc does not condone it but that doesn’t stop anyone. lol

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  I work with a lot of special forces guys (to say the least) and they have this drink that they mix before heading outside the fence.

6 oz of Gatorade
                  2 1/2 scoops jack3d
                  1 can of RIPIT (energy drink) (commonly seen at deployed locations, not sure if it is something you can get Stateside).

Mix and chug. It is a heart attack in a bottle. Flight doc does not condone it but that doesn’t stop anyone. lol
                  Thats a bit over the top lol.... i just use water..

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

It works, period.
                    Also, I'm not sure on your situation but have you ever looked into working out first thing in the morning? I have found that to be best (for me).
                    You're refreshed after a night’s sleep and it's nice to have it out of the way in the first part of your day. Plus you head to work wide awake and like me, ready to go.

Some people are just not a morning person and I understand that but man once you get into a routine, I find the morning time to work out perfect. But again that's just me and everyone's different and on different schedules etc.

Comment

i just have 4 peanut butter sandwhichs

Comment

Working...
                      X