Top seven sport deaths

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top seven sport deaths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV4ilsgvEx4

the two i still remember were reggie lewis of the celtics and ayrton senna...

of course levander johnson...

Comment

the title is pretty crass. that man that fell off of the railing at the rangers game was pretty sad, his young son was there.

hank gathers

len bias was another.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
        the title is pretty crass. that man that fell off of the railing at the rangers game was pretty sad, his young son was there.

hank gathers

len bias was another.
        Gathers' actually could have been prevented. If I recall correctly he had an incident before this, but the medication he was put on severely impacted his athletic ability (basically he would have had to retire).

From Wikipedia:

"Gathers' first sign of trouble came on Saturday, December 9, 1989, when he collapsed at the free-throw line during an LMU home game against UCSB.

He was found to have an abnormal heartbeat (exercise-induced ventricular tachycardia), and was prescribed a beta blocker, Inderal. However, Gathers felt that the medication adversely affected his play, and he soon cut back on his dosage. As the West Coast Conference (WCC) Tournament neared, Gathers did not show up for repeated appointments to test if the reduced medication was still suppressing the arrhythmias. It was suspected Gathers was not taking any dosage on game days."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Gathers
        Last edited by Miburo; 09-03-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

its sad to watch this happen

Comment

I watched the first two, and then realized I'm really not interested in this type of video.

The comment about the guy falling at a Rangers game reminded me of when I was living in Tacoma, WA, and some friends went to a monster truck show. I didn't attend. However, a young girl sitting in the front row was sprayed with debris which flew off of a tire of one of the trucks that was burning out around a corner and killed her.

Comment

anybody seen documentary on the legendary brazilian driver "senna?" it's on netflix, and worth a watch.

it's a terrific documentary. i hope i'm not ruining it for you when i tell you how his story concludes.

a stabilizing rod / control arm broke off of his open wheel (formula one i believe,) car and ended up hitting his helmet. he dies instantly.

formula one / open wheel racing is an insane sport. those guys can get to 200 kmph from a stop, and back to a standstill in a few seconds. there is almost no vehicle protecting them. they're unbelievably brave men.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                Remembering this from last December makes me very sad, I saw it live on an internet stream:

Simakov died after the fight.
                RIP

i remember watching the fight the next morning. something didn't look right with the poor kid.

Comment

Working...
                X