Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Andre Ward or Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    But, with this double standard and agenda of course you going to feel the way you feel.

Look at what you just did here. Mentioned Mosley as past prime. Why did that have to be mention? To take away from that win? Now I'm NOT saying that you're wrong...I might agree that Mosley was past prime. Again I'm not saying that you're wrong...But, you didn't do the same to Bika for Ward? Why? I don't see the "past prime" title being the next to Bika name? Why? Because, we're not trying to diminish that win? Why even mentioned Past prime for Mosley but not Margarito? is it because Cotto win over Mosley as close as questionable as it might have been is still better than any win in Ward resume? And, Margarito isn't even one of Cotto best wins. Same goes to AA for Ward.

Putting dickriding, fanboyism, nuthugging, hating, on the side being as unbiased and as neutral boxing fan as you can be. It might be close it's clearly Cotto. As of right now that's not debatable. As of today Ward is the better P4P fighter. But, as of today Cotto has the better resume. But, might and I'm pretty confident will change when it's all said and done. Ward would finish with the better resume if he continues doing as good as he is doing.
    Of course the Mosley win is better than any on Ward's resume but Cotto's resume is good not great. Other than Mosley, Cotto has a few good solid wins like Torres, Clottey, Judah, Maliginaggi, Quintana, etc. Those are solid wins but that list isn't that impressive. Kessler's only loss before his loss to Ward was a relatively close loss to Calzaghe, who retired undefeated. Froch was on a big time roll before the Ward fight, with wins against guys like Pascal, Dirrell (controversial), Abraham, Johnson, and a close loss to Kessler. Those are very good wins for Ward. His wins against Abraham, Bika, and Miranda are also solid. As I said earlier, it's close and I can see the argument for either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      ........oh...ok...gotcha
      I guess some fans give fighters credit for losses. I don't understand how losses enhance a fighters' resume.

Comment

now, definitely cotto...

i hope bute wins against froch so we can have a unification... after that, a couple of fights with ranked LHWs... then a title fight maybe against dawson (if chad wins against hop and still keeps winning)...

that will give him better resume than cotto... but then again, ward is boring as ****... he ain't got the style that will get the attention of casual fans...

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          Of course the Mosley win is better than any on Ward's resume but Cotto's resume is good not great. Other than Mosley, Cotto has a few good solid wins like Torres, Clottey, Judah, Maliginaggi, Quintana, etc. Those are solid wins but that list isn't that impressive. Kessler's only loss before his loss to Ward was a relatively close loss to Calzaghe, who retired undefeated. Froch was on a big time roll before the Ward fight, with wins against guys like Pascal, Dirrell (controversial), Abraham, Johnson, and a close loss to Kessler. Those are very good wins for Ward. His wins against Abraham, Bika, and Miranda are also solid. As I said earlier, it's close and I can see the argument for either side.
          But how good is Kessler? His best win is against....Froch. Froch lost(IMO) to Dirrell, and he has good wins against a shot Taylor and Pascal. I like Froch and I consider it a good win, but you guys are seriously overrating these guys. They're the top 168 pounds in the world and Ward deserves a ton of credit for fighting them and beating them, but they're still not that good. Abraham is ****, this much should be crystal clear. Bika and Miranda were shot.

See, I can pick resumes apart too.

Will Froch, Kessler, and Abraham, his 3 best wins, stand the test of time? Will they be looked at 10 years from great wins like you're making them out to be now? Likely no.

Ward is the better fighter and he'll finish with the better career. But your argument as of now is weak.

The vacant title argument so a fcuking joke. This ideal of "beating a champ" is bull*****. It's about who you beat and who you defend against. Cotto beat Quintana for his WW title...you want me to give you a laundry list of your favorite fighters who beat worse fighters for their title?

I love Floyd, not trying to bring him into this it's just the best example I can think of...

I think we can all agree that a prime Quintana is better than Carlos Baldomir.

Now is Floyd's title win over Baldomir better than Cotto's over Quintana because Baldomir was a champ? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            But how good is Kessler? His best win is against....Froch. Froch lost(IMO) to Dirrell, and he has good wins against a shot Taylor and Pascal. I like Froch and I consider it a good win, but you guys are seriously overrating these guys. They're the top 168 pounds in the world and Ward deserves a ton of credit for fighting them and beating them, but they're still not that good. Abraham is ****, this much should be crystal clear. Bika and Miranda were shot.

See, I can pick resumes apart too.

Will Froch, Kessler, and Abraham, his 3 best wins, stand the test of time? Will they be looked at 10 years from great wins like you're making them out to be now? Likely no.

Ward is the better fighter and he'll finish with the better career. But your argument as of now is weak.

The vacant title argument so a fcuking joke. This ideal of "beating a champ" is bull*****. It's about who you beat and who you defend against. Cotto beat Quintana for his WW title...you want me to give you a laundry list of your favorite fighters who beat worse fighters for their title?

I love Floyd, not trying to bring him into this it's just the best example I can think of...

I think we can all agree that a prime Quintana is better than Carlos Baldomir.

Now is Floyd's title win over Baldomir better than Cotto's over Quintana because Baldomir was a champ? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
            Show me where I called those great wins? I said Froch and Kessler are very good wins. I've said nothing about winning vacant belts so I don't know why your addressing this with me. I really don't think either guy has an elite win. You can make the argument that Mosley beat Cotto, it was close and Mosley came on in the later rounds.

Comment

Both resumes are weak.
              Ward the better boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                Show me where I called those great wins? I said Froch and Kessler are very good wins. I've said nothing about winning vacant belts so I don't know why your addressing this with me. I really don't think either guy has an elite win. You can make the argument that Mosley beat Cotto, it was close and Mosley came on in the later rounds.
                You're right, I didn't mean to direct that at you, that was more generally speaking after reading the thread.

I don't think you can make that argument. Close fight but a clear win for Cotto.

Comment

Ward's win against Froch looks even better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                    Cotto has fought more recognizable names but fact remains the first fighter he ever beat for a world title was yuri foreman.....that was his 36th pro fight I believe and was in his 3rd weight class......ward has less fights and has already beat better world champs........

Cotto is the vacant belt king
                    OK, Who Cotto beat to defend the Titles?

Comment

I stand corrected, Froch should now be considered an elite win for Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X