Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather was a good pro/great trainer, does he make the HOF like Mancini

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    He trained the 2nd best fighter of an era but I'm not sure he trained anyone else worth a damn. Also you can't combine his training career and his fighting career to establish a HOF career, they're seperate accomplish.

As for him being in the HOF, I would say if Mancini, Gatti, and Mcguigan are in than so should Roger. I still don't understand how Mcguigan got in. He was a flash in the pan fighter who retired soon after reaching the top and losing to a set up opponent.

I think it comes down to Roger's popularity as a fighter and the fact most remember him as the guy Chavez destroyed twice to win titles in 2 seperate divisions. It's not really fair but it is what it is.

thats how people sum up his pro career.....it no small accomplishment to be a world champion fighters and train world champions after that

he also trained laila ali and turned her into a serious fight....she was a bad MFer when she left her husband and got with Rog

Also he trains amatuers, kids etc...he has contributed his entire life to boxing.

I'd vote him in

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      thats how people sum up his pro career.....it no small accomplishment to be a world champion fighters and train world champions after that

he also trained laila ali and turned her into a serious fight....she was a bad MFer when she left her husband and got with Rog

Also he trains amatuers, kids etc...he has contributed his entire life to boxing.

I'd vote him in
      Looking at the ballot for last year and Roger's not even a candidate. Going off the simple fact along tells me it'll be a very long time before he gets inducted if ever. He for certain isn't getting in this year with 2 of the 3 spots being on lock for Holyfield and MAB.

They could do a feel good moment and induct him in as trainer when Floyd is inducted but between him and Floyd Sr. it'll probably be Floyd Sr before Roger who has had a better career as trainer.

Comment

Working...
      X