Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    You really think Nelo puts on 40lbs?
    Are you serious?
    He's about 170 fight night. He's not 190. You guys are nuts.
    175 is more accurate, but he seems to pretend it's not an advantage. Part of me understands why he said it, I'm sure he's been getting the same kind of question a lot since signing to fight Khan and it can get old but it's his own damn fault for signing to fight a ww above the jmw limit knowing full well he'll be a lhw on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Canelo walks around at 195 pounds at 5 foot 7, I posted about this like a year ago before he fought Floyd, saying it was weird how Floyd told people he will only fight guys healthy yet he drains Canelo to 152 and brings up an article when Canelo was walking around at 170 and still young and could make 150.

Canelo is a huge dude now, no way Khan hurts him. But this is funny this guy looked like a brick house against Cotto, and Cotto couldn't even hurt him.

Canelo is also heavier than GGG. GGG walks around in the 170s and he fights at 160, he is not a huge middleweight.

I think GGG has a reach advantage on Canelo and beats him, Canelo big problem is he doesn't pressure fight, he just likes to counter punch with quick combos.
      please there is no way ggg walks around at his fight night weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Courage Award View Post
        at this point i wont be surprised if he fights rigondeaux
        Rigo asking for that rehydration clause.

Comment

Calls for Catchweight of 155. Fights a Welterweight. Says he's going to come in as Cruiserweight. The Man The Myth The Legend...Canelo Alvarez.

Seriously, there's no way in hell that he will ever be considered an ATG. Nobody's going to know who this bum is in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
            175 is more accurate, but he seems to pretend it's not an advantage. Part of me understands why he said it, I'm sure he's been getting the same kind of question a lot since signing to fight Khan and it can get old but it's his own damn fault for signing to fight a ww above the jmw limit knowing full well he'll be a lhw on fight night.
            All guys put on weight on fight night!!

Crawford 140 to 155. Jr Welter to Middle Weight.
            Pacquiao 130 to 146. Jr. Lightweight to Welterweight.
            Trout 154 to 171. Jr. MW to Light Heavy.

Yet no one was saying these guys were taking an unfair advantage with them in the ring. There was no criticism of their fight night weight. Maybe because the guys they were fighting against put on the same weight. Just like they did.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              So is Crawford a coward for going from 140 to 155 on fight night?
              Is Pacquiao a coward for going from 130 to 146 when he fought at lightweight?
              Trout rehydrates to 171 from 154 is he a coward?

Or are you just bias?
              None of them rehydrated that much while holding a belt, then demanding guys from that division drop to lowest possible CW. Nobody has done that before. That's where the coward thing comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post

1:50

Born redyy not for Ginnidi doe
                Some are good at fighting.
                Most fighters, like Canelo, are good at dumping weight and re-hydrating for weight advantage. They can't do it forever and when they finally have to fight someone their own size, they get their ass kicked(Chavez jr, Rios, Broner)

Comment

Its clear Canelo isn't that special with out his weight advantage. That's why Canelo is being kept away from GGG.

Comment

That's the current rules of boxing under today's insane system of weighing in for a fight 32 hours before the fight actually happens. Nobody should be angry at the fighters for playing by the rules. If they don't like fighters coming into the ring up to 20 pounds heavier than what they weighed in at they should be angry at the rule change that made this possible. In the days of weighing in the afternoon of the fight it was impossible for fighters to gain more than about 5 pounds by fight time. They had just enough time to digest a good meal and some fluids. There was no time for an iv or rehydrating 15 pounds. A fighter who tried that would be bloated and waterlogged. Under today's rules once Canelo makes 155 he is free to gain as much weight as he wants by fight time. He is not breaking any rules or doing anything wrong. People exaggerate how much weight he will gain. He will probably gain about 15 pounds and weigh about 170 on fight night. Khan says he plans to be 165 on fight night. Any weight Canelo gains past 15 to 17 pounds would certainly do him more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                      Its clear Canelo isn't that special with out his weight advantage. That's why Canelo is being kept away from GGG.
                      Canelo isn't the only one being kept away from GGG. Saunders and Jacobs are also being kept away from fighting him by promoters and managers who don't want their champion knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X