• Show
Clear All

• Who are the Top 3 judges in Boxing? Active or Retired

Here are my top 3

All are active

1. Adalaide Byrd
    2. Burt Clements
    3. John Keane

I use to think Tom Miller was a top judge, but after his atrocious score for Malignaggi in the Broner fight, he dropped off my list. Though John Keane had a bad score in Ricky Burns vs Dejan Zlatcanin, I haven't seen any bad scores from him at all.

Another good judge is Craig Metcalfe

Comment

Patricia Morse Jarmon is another great judge.

Comment

interesting topic. the judges arent always something you focus on. i wont go into detail, but i always thought judges who have also refereed fights tend to make the best judges. someone like smoger or christodoulou.

i think julie lederman is usually on point. shes the type of judge where i usually agree with, or at least can justify her scorecard. there's the occasional wtf score, but boxing is so objectional, especially depending on your seat.

i do like adelaide byrd, whether i agree with her scores or not. she always looks like shes interested in the fight and trying to see all of the action from the best angle possible.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
          interesting topic. the judges arent always something you focus on. i wont go into detail, but i always thought judges who have also refereed fights tend to make the best judges. someone like smoger or christodoulou.

i think julie lederman is usually on point. shes the type of judge where i usually agree with, or at least can justify her scorecard. there's the occasional wtf score, but boxing is so objectional, especially depending on your seat.

i do like adelaide byrd, whether i agree with her scores or not. she always looks like shes interested in the fight and trying to see all of the action from the best angle possible.
          Her only bad score was Ishe Smith vs Carlos Molina. Everything else from her has been good.

I will be shocked if she is not a judge in the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
            Her only bad score was Ishe Smith vs Carlos Molina. Everything else from her has been good.

I will be shocked if she is not a judge in the Mayweather fight.

i dont recall her score on that one but i remember that fight being close and totally painful to watch.

i actually like watching ishe fight because i know its gonna be a difficult fight to score and i can get some practice in. i get a real kick out of scoring controversial/close fights and comparing my card to the official cards. both ishe and molina like to fight on the inside but they have totally different styles when they're in close and how they go about getting in there.

i forget what card that fight was on but i remember thinking "why would ANYONE put this fight on ppv aside from making mayweather look more exciting than he actually is?"

Comment

and thats not a knock on money may. i love watching him, but can totally understand why most casuals wouldnt

Comment

i dont recall her score on that one but i remember that fight being close and totally painful to watch.

i actually like watching ishe fight because i know its gonna be a difficult fight to score and i can get some practice in. i get a real kick out of scoring controversial/close fights and comparing my card to the official cards. both ishe and molina like to fight on the inside but they have totally different styles when they're in close and how they go about getting in there.

i forget what card that fight was on but i remember thinking "why would ANYONE put this fight on ppv aside from making mayweather look more exciting than he actually is?"

I know. But she is still by far p4p the best judge. Thanks for the green k.

Comment

and thats not a knock on money may. i love watching him, but can totally understand why most casuals wouldnt
                  Any casual who thinks the fight is going to be a war has another thing coming.

Comment

Working...
                  X