Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does anybody see Trout outboxing Alvarez and making him look silly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
    Trout will win almost every round. Cotto is a MUCH better boxer and more experienced. He was the first to really outbox Shane Mosley and KO'ed Zab Judah in 07. Canelo went life-and-death with his less-accomplished brother.
    "Life and death" hahahahahahaha I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN
      Quote:

Originally Posted by SoggyLungs

apparently fight is still not finalized......posted 2hrs ago

I guess we'll find out by the end of this week if canelo vs trout is really a done deal....

Quote:

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing

Ok, just got off the horn with Richard Schaefer, he says the 'Canelo' situation still has to be worked out. Trout fight is NOT finalized...

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing

But he hopes to be able to get Alvarez-Trout ( or a fight with 3 other possibilities) done by the end of this week(per Schaefer) #boxing

This is typical. I'm pretty sure Trout is pricing himself too high in this fight. They pretend to want the fight and when it's served on their plates they start making excuses. Who would forget Kirkland?
      You must be a Canelo fan. Who would forget Kirkland was actually injured.

I changed my mind. Add Angulo as one of the possibilites.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        I can easily see Trout out boxing Canelo.

He stands up straight. Can't fight going backwards. Doesn't have a high work rate, and picks on smaller opponents.
        I agree, except for picking on small opponents. I'm sure his managers and promoters play a huge part in that.

Comment

Guys, why don't you put your worthless e-points where your mouth is?

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN
            Guys, why don't you put your worthless e-points where your mouth is?
            Already on it buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Already on it buddy.

That's good. The rest are just yapping.

Comment

This is Mosley vs Vernon Forrest all over again with Alvarez being Mosley and Trout being Vernon Forrest

Forrest exposed all of Mosley's weaknesses, took away his Power as well as his hand speed advantage with that long jab and timing

Some Fans only talk about the basic elements in boxing: Speed and Power and they think who ever have the advantage in those departments...WIN THE FIGHT! Sorry but boxing don't work like that, when you have the Smarts to go with your Physical Ability, to me that is the deadliest combination

So what I see Trout doing is just flat out boxing circles around Alvarez and countering him to the point in which I think Alvarez will become reluctant to throw punches because he don't know how to get around Trouts Counters and Jabs, I see him either score a UD by a wide margin or I think Alvarez Corner steps in and save him from Further embarrassment...I just don't see what Alvarez does that will give Trout Problems to be honest and the fact that he did not test himself before going into this fight by taking on guys like Lara and Molina and even Vanes, I think that will comeback and bite him in the A$$...I think fighting a Slugger like Kirkland or Angulo would be much more easier to deal with then a All Around SKILLED FIGHTER that is so damn slick and slipper despite being a BIG Light Middleweight

If Alvarez shocks me and wins (Legit Win Not ROBBERY) then I will give him all the credit in the world and it makes Mayweather vs Canelo a bigger fight then it would be right now
                Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut
                  This is Mosley vs Vernon Forrest all over again with Alvarez being Mosley and Trout being Vernon Forrest

Forrest exposed all of Mosley's weaknesses, took away his Power as well as his hand speed advantage with that long jab and timing

Some Fans only talk about the basic elements in boxing: Speed and Power and they think who ever have the advantage in those departments...WIN THE FIGHT! Sorry but boxing don't work like that, when you have the Smarts to go with your Physical Ability, to me that is the deadliest combination

So what I see Trout doing is just flat out boxing circles around Alvarez and countering him to the point in which I think Alvarez will become reluctant to throw punches because he don't know how to get around Trouts Counters and Jabs, I see him either score a UD by a wide margin or I think Alvarez Corner steps in and save him from Further embarrassment...I just don't see what Alvarez does that will give Trout Problems to be honest and the fact that he did not test himself before going into this fight by taking on guys like Lara and Molina and even Vanes, I think that will comeback and bite him in the A$$...I think fighting a Slugger like Kirkland or Angulo would be much more easier to deal with then a All Around SKILLED FIGHTER

If Alvarez shocks me and wins (Legit Win Not ROBBERY) then I will give him all the credit in the world and it makes Mayweather vs Canelo a bigger fight then it would be right now
                  I doubt they will stop the fight. That will tarnish Canelo's WHOLE career. If he loses a UD they can recover and re promote him but that's gonna be hard to do if a corner steps in IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    I doubt they will stop the fight. That will tarnish Canelo's WHOLE career. If he loses a UD they can recover and re promote him but that's gonna be hard to do if a corner steps in IMO...

MAYBE! But it all depends, if he is getting tagged good and his head is snapping back...despite Trout not having "GREAT POWER" you don't want to damage a young fighter like that Physically and yes that can do damage to you when your just taking punches over and over and not avoiding them

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
                      Not saying it will happen, but it very well can.

98% of people here were saying that Cotto was gonna walk Trout down and TKO him but instead he flexed his jab and Miguel looked like a deer in the headlights.

But ofcourse Cotto is shot and Canelo isn't.

But it still can happen.
                      I can definitely see it happening. Then, when the scorecards are read, they will read 115-114, 115-114, 116-112 all in favor of the winner, Saul Canelo Alvarez! Trout will have to knock him down five times to get a split decision win.

Comment

Working...
                      X