Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Mikey Garcia is correct on if Mayweather gets credit when he beats guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I think Manny and Floyd are about even in the "Non Prime" category. So the excuses from fans on both side are in fact correct. Although i dont think both have slowed down significantly enough to be labeled a shot fighter. They both are still winning fights and fighting younger guys more primed yet less skilled them.

I think Manny is more seasoned in adversity. Floyd is not. I believe that's what its gonna comedown too. As for credit. Floyd will get my credit if he wins and thats based on HOW he wins. Hopkins as with others get hated on for HOW they win. Some look at a win as a win. I do NOT. I often look at a loss as a win at times. So its not uncommon to view a win as a loss at times. Hopefully we will see a good fight that lives up to the hype.

Floyd will not and cannot beat Manny Pacquiao!

question: how do you think floyd should beat pac to get credit for it. Also what would be your reaction if he by some miracle stops pac or they throw in the towel on pac?

Comment

I think Manny and Floyd are about even in the "Non Prime" category. So the excuses from fans on both side are in fact correct. Although i dont think both have slowed down significantly enough to be labeled a shot fighter. They both are still winning fights and fighting younger guys more primed yet less skilled them.

I think Manny is more seasoned in adversity. Floyd is not. I believe that's what its gonna comedown too. As for credit. Floyd will get my credit if he wins and thats based on HOW he wins. Hopkins as with others get hated on for HOW they win. Some look at a win as a win. I do NOT. I often look at a loss as a win at times. So its not uncommon to view a win as a loss at times. Hopefully we will see a good fight that lives up to the hype.

Floyd will not and cannot beat Manny Pacquiao!
      Great post...manny has faced more adversity but when called upon mayweather has as well and passed every test. He has just been a more dominant fighter than pacquaio...Mosley hurt him twice, early on maidana n hatton had success, fought through injuries with Jesus Chavez in a war, JLC...he just adapts mid fight a lil better than PAC

I never say never in boxing...PAC is an atg I favor money but PAC has a better chance at winninn than anyone active today

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Great post...manny has faced more adversity but when called upon mayweather has as well and passed every test. He has just been a more dominant fighter than pacquaio...Mosley hurt him twice, early on maidana n hatton had success, fought through injuries with Jesus Chavez in a war, JLC...he just adapts mid fight a lil better than PAC

I never say never in boxing...PAC is an atg I favor money but PAC has a better chance at winning than anyone active today
        I wanna see Floyd with a bad cut and bleeding Or see him get up from a knockdown and fight hard. Something spectacular. Or be in a all out brawl like Gatti type fight....or like Bradley did with Ruslan! But i see your point and agree for the most part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
          i find it strange that your one of the only ones with a non dumb ass post. To be one of the biggest pac fans on this site, at least your willing to give credit where credit is due.

question: how do you think floyd should beat pac to get credit for it. Also what would be your reaction if he by some miracle stops pac or they throw in the towel on pac?
          If he were to stop Pac? My reaction would be like it was with JMM. Like, "Daaaamn" You have to give credit where credit is due.

How i think Floyd should beat Pac? At his own game. Go to war with him. we have seen Manny in wars before. Thats the kinda stuff that personally i like. Like Gatti Ward /Moralas Barrera /Bradley Ruslan /Chico Castillio just to name a few...Dont wanna see Manny Chasing him around and a bunch of clinching. This fight of all fights...is going down in the history cards as the biggest fight in the history of the sport. Id hope we will see a standing crown even in the nose bleed section and throught all homes and theaters and pubs across the globe. You wont with that running clinching boring ugly type of fighting.

Comment

If he were to stop Pac? My reaction would be like it was with JMM. Like, "Daaaamn" You have to give credit where credit is due.

How i think Floyd should beat Pac? At his own game. Go to war with him. we have seen Manny in wars before. Thats the kinda stuff that personally i like. Like Gatti Ward /Moralas Barrera /Bradley Ruslan /Chico Castillio just to name a few...Dont wanna see Manny Chasing him around and a bunch of clinching. This fight of all fights...is going down in the history cards as the biggest fight in the history of the sport. Id hope we will see a standing crown even in the nose bleed section and throught all homes and theaters and pubs across the globe. You wont with that running clinching boring ugly type of fighting.
            it might start slow but i think floyd will wake up real fast once pac throws about 5 punches in a row at him. I hope to see Floyd bring back his body shots. That would be great.

Comment

it might start slow but i think floyd will wake up real fast once pac throws about 5 punches in a row at him. I hope to see Floyd bring back his body shots. That would be great.
              I just really want to see a good fight. With all hate aside and no dlck riding at all... Manny rarely has disappointed me in a fight. Rarley... not Never. Iv seen some fights where i was like smh...
              Floyd has mostly...ever since DLH fight not living up to the hype. Before the PPV thing Floyd was IMO fun to watch. I cant stomach it now though. So i hope we see a great fight simply for the reason of this being the biggest event in boxing in so long and noted as the biggest in the history of the sport.

Comment

That's the thing... when he got woken up by Maidana in the second fight he became less aggressive and simply started clinching more. I paid for that fight, and I felt robbed because I didn't see a fight in a manner of speaking. I think Floyd cares more about retiring undefeated than giving a good show, didn't he say something akin to "It's not how you win, but how long you win" after the Maidana 2 fight? Obviously that's bull****, Ali's win over Foreman for example, wouldn't be as great if he hadn't knocked him out. If Mayweather fought like he did against Cotto every fight he would have more fans, even in the last round he was still fighting, hurting Cotto badly in the 12th. I don't care who wins, I just hope both guys come to fight, a KO from either would do great things for their legacy and boxing overall.

Comment

I always mix you up with slickslysmooth

Comment

I wanna see Floyd with a bad cut and bleeding Or see him get up from a knockdown and fight hard. Something spectacular. Or be in a all out brawl like Gatti type fight....or like Bradley did with Ruslan! But i see your point and agree for the most part of it.
                    Everybody wants to see him in a Jones vs tarver 1 fight(bite down and coming back late win), a war( bro pleeease go watch that Jesus Chavez fight)...his chin is good his defense is great so a clear clean groggy kd hasn't happened but it can....we can relate to struggling, but remember prime Jones Jr....he didn' til late, Floyd can and will too...adapting shows greatness as much as a whitaker vs hurtado ending

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                      I always mix you up with slickslysmooth
                      the sig? Yea i had it first tho lol. I added the old man Pac and floyd sig cuz i didnt wanna take it down just yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X