Collapse
No announcement yet.

After rewatching Huck/Povetkin RE: Wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was obvious that Povetkin sometimes grabbed Klitschko. But it is also unfair to say that Klitschko didn't clinch at all. Both men are responsible for that. But when they didn't clinch, Wladimir was clearly dominating Povetkin with every single punch he threw.

A fighter like Vitali wouldn't allow Povetkin to do that because he would simply catch him with some vicious right crosses and half hook half uppercuts.

To cut a long story short, styles make fights, and I believe Wladimir would be much more exciting if he fought taller fighters. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Wladimir outjabing Wilder or Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezelby View Post
      Since there were no fights this weekend, I sat back and watched some previous fights. Huck is a guy I always love to watch because he's always in great fights. So I switched to Povetkin/Huck. After rewatching this fight, I no longer harbor the deep hatred towards Wlad for his Povetkin fight and the way it was fought. Povetkin literally did the same thing to Huck. Any time he got into trouble, he ducked down into a clinch. In Huck/Povetkin, Pabon literally broke it up instantly, which pissed off a LOT of people. In the Wlad/Povetkin fight, the same thing happened, but the ref never broke it up, which also pissed off a lot of people. There needs to be a happy medium in terms of how the ref deals with Povetkin's duck and then clinch strategy. Wlad did what he was allowed, the ugliness of the fight was purely iniitated by Povetkin, not Wlad.

Moral of the story, after seeing a previous Povetkin fight, I no longer can really get majorly mad at Wlad for how that fight took place.
      yep, Povetkin caused all that clinching and not Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        I said cautious about left hook and straight right. It's one punch game over.
        Both punches could come from the distance.

I am not sure about the tactics all offensive. It would work on pre steward wlad, but on this version, not so sure..

IMO the Wlad's chin is more of a myth than a real great weakness. He took some great shots from Haye, Chagaev, Wach (on steroids), TT, Ibragimov and was fine. He used to panic when hit and that made it look so much worse. Also sometimes it was combined with stamina problems. Today's Wlad has none of those problems.
        Wlad also took big punches from Peter in the first fight and was only hurt from rabbit punches. When Peter landed flush anywhere except for the back of the head, Wlad didn't look hurt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Tyson would have this bum out in 2-3 rounds. All he does is grab whenever you get inside because he has a glass jaw. He'll be out cold again before his career is over.
          yeah and tyson couldn't do **** when opponents grabbed him on the inside. a bunch of bums took him the distance during his prime when all they did was grab him which is why Wlad would hold him lean on him tire him out then brutally KTFO him in the late rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Wlad has one of the best jabs in the sport and he can win fights only using the jab.

Someone who would have a chance to beat Wlad would need to be able to dodge the jab, to be very cautious about the right straight and also left hook (which are both punches that can take anybody out).

Man to beat Wlad would need to be a special talent with excellent chin and able to force the inside fighting. I don't see many HW ATG be able to do that..
            sure if his opponent just stands there all he has to do is use the jab. we saw how easily povetkin was able to get inside of the jab(because wlad is so slow) but wlad just held every time and should have been dq'd.

Comment

Huck got robbed of glory in that fight.

Comment

Agreed. Close but Povetkin took abit of a beating towards the end. Another round and he would've been stopped, he was barely able to stand when the bell ended the 12th. He showed great heart just as he did vs wvlad.

Huck deserved another crack but he's going for cruiser weight history in his next fight. Once he's done that I can see him in the mix at heavyweight again

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Tyson would have this bum out in 2-3 rounds. All he does is grab whenever you get inside because he has a glass jaw. He'll be out cold again before his career is over.
                  lmao this guy cut right to the chase

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
                    Agreed. Close but Povetkin took abit of a beating towards the end. Another round and he would've been stopped, he was barely able to stand when the bell ended the 12th. He showed great heart just as he did vs wvlad.

Huck deserved another crack but he's going for cruiser weight history in his next fight. Once he's done that I can see him in the mix at heavyweight again
                    Agree with everything you said. Huck-Povetkin was one of the best HW fights in years, Povetkin showed a ton of heart as usual but Huck got the better of it. Plenty of options for Huck - he could beat other HW's, but obviously should never enter the ring against Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                    X