Collapse
No announcement yet.

oscars chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Felix would say "Oscar Oscar Oscar" decent chin for all the reasons listed...Like the Bean, Oscar was the Kinga the less rounder. If fights were six rounds we would be comparing oscar to Jones and Mayweather! But yes, durability was never the issue and he could take some shots....

Comment

Oscar had a pretty solid chin.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
        where would you rate his ability to take a punch
        Very good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          You ****ing dummy everyone gets dropped at some point in their career.

Except Hagler and Chuvalo.

Oscar had a damn good chin. Even when he was old he could still take bombs. Oscar is ****ing underrated. The guy was great and was down to fight anyone.
          If fights were 5 rounds he would be comprable to the sugar man....but they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            If fights were 5 rounds he would be comprable to the sugar man....but they are not.
            LOL....My thoughts exactly. That's one of the reasons I'm highly critical of Oscar's performance against Trinidad. Fighting four rounds in a row trying to survive in a superfight was a disgrace.

And no, neither Mayweather or Jones jr has ever done that.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              LOL....My thoughts exactly. That's one of the reasons I'm highly critical of Oscar's performance against Trinidad. Fighting four rounds in a row trying to survive in a superfight was a disgrace.

And no, neither Mayweather or Jones jr has ever done that.
              Indeed, it was awful. I'm glad he never did it again though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                Oscar had an excellent ability to absorb blows to the head. Only stoppages from memory are from a body blow by Hopkins up at middleweight and a corner retirement against Pacquiao.

When you consider all the pound for pound stars he met over his career you have to conclude that his chin was pretty good.

Many praise Margarito's chin. But Oscar survived 24 rounds against a far more prime version of Mosley without really being hurt....whereas we know what happened to Margarito!
                Oscar actually did a pretty decent job of avoiding a shot or 2. Margarito leased out his head and body to be Shane's personal punching bag.

There was actually one point in the fight, I think the end of the 4th round, where Shane hit Margarito with one of the 9,212 right hands he landed, and it was so clean, it looked like Margarito actually ROLLED INTO IT.

That fight was another display of Margarito's great chin, the fact that he actually lasted til the 8th after getting clobbered over and over with head shots, as well as body shots that weakened him. That was just a horrific beating.

Comment

Really good chin. In the lower divisions, he suffered a couple flash knockdowns but he came into his own at 140-147. Took some mean shots in his career. That right uppercut from Mayorga. The right cross from Quartey. Recovered well too. 1-10, I'd say 7.5.

Comment

oscar had a very good beard.

Comment

DLH took a pretty good shot...Oscar fought good competition throughout his career and was able to withstand punches from world class fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X