No announcement yet.

Triple G vs Tito, Pavlik, and Abraham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple G vs Tito, Pavlik, and Abraham

how do you think those fights wouldve played out at their best? Do you think G walks through them or do you think they give him problems or beat him?

GGG vs a prime and undefeated Arthur Abraham at 160 would be an interesting fight. IMO Abraham had more 1 punch KO power than GGG at that weight and we know Golovkin can be hit. Would be a good fight.............

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
      GGG vs a prime and undefeated Arthur Abraham at 160 would be an interesting fight. IMO Abraham had more 1 punch KO power than GGG at that weight and we know Golovkin can be hit. Would be a good fight.............
      I honestly think Abraham was very overrated, even at 160. He technically lost to Edinson Miranda (and robbed him), and didn't legitimately beat him until Pavlik ruined him. I think a 160 Abraham v. GGG would be FOTY candidate although I would put my money on GGG on the basis of him being the better technical fighter.

Abraham's 160 resume was a lot like GGG's (currently), his resume mostly contained either little known fighters or shot formerly average opponents. The one decent guy he fought at 160 Miranda (a heavy-handed but one-dimensional fighter) actually beat him but got robbed in Germany. He also had wins over Khoren Gevor and a rematch against Miranda. He went 12 rounds with Lajuan Simon, who Golovkin KO'd in 1.

I think GGG's greatest weakness (defense aside) could be his lack of 12 round stamina (most of his fights end early). It's possible that a big strong middleweight like Pavlik could keep him away and take GGG's power; take him in deep and finish him late or batter him enough to earn a solid UD.

I would worry about Trinidad's chin if he fought GGG, but maybe he could catch Golovkin with a good left hook (GGG was hit by this punch several times against Curtis) and change the fight although Golovkin's chin has looked sturdy so far. I honestly think Trinidad's best work was at 147-154, but again, considering GGG is untested over 12 rounds he could also have a chance of landing a decision.
      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-21-2014, 04:08 AM.

Comment

154 Tito would destroy him

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          how do you think those fights wouldve played out at their best? Do you think G walks through them or do you think they give him problems or beat him?
          Prime v Prime, I think GGG may not be able to beat any of them. Why do I say this? Because I have no idea what GGG's prime is like, he hasn't fought good enough names for me to make a judgement on him yet. Macklin was his best win and he looked comfortable throughout, having said that, Tito probably stops him worse and Pavlik/AA stop Macklin late, much like a lackadaisical Martinez.

There just isn't enough to go on in terms of what I've seen to start putting GGG into fantasy match ups with a guy who is a p4p great, one who was the lineal middleweight champion and another guy who is one of the hardest hitting mw in a long while.

Comment

Triple G decisions Abraham, KO's Pavlik, and goes life and death with Wrapidad but knocks him out in the 12th.

Comment

Tito vs Golovkin??? Sheesh! Talk about brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds
                154 Tito would destroy him
                En DosRounds!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Trinidad vs Golovkin would be hellacious.

Comment

He has yet to face anyone of the caliber of those fighters

Comment

Working...
                    X