Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev has to beat TBR first. TBR is every bit as skilled as Ward, probably more so. He lacks the intangibles though. Ward is a dog, he'll get dirty and he'll fight with you if needs be. And he does it up close, whereas TBR dances around.. and TBR's lights can go out easily.

None the less, it's still a pretty significant task infront of Kovalev and the upset is VERY possible.

Comment

Ward should really go to 175. I think he beats Stevenson and Kovalev but I still want to see both fights.

Comment

Who can beat the octopus?

Comment

Ward, you can't KO what you cant hit

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Kills me to say it though I've said for years hes been underrated a lot mainly because of his past but I think Stevenson has the best chance stylistically.

I think Andre Dirrell has the best chance by far.But Andre Dirrel fights once a decade so that fight has a small chance of happening.

Comment

In which world do you see Frankenstein beating SOG?!?...in the REAL world SOG takes a minimum of 8 rounds against that dude....where's the body of work to prove that Frankenstein is qualified to beat SOG?!?...Clev?!?...Campillo?!?...did I miss something?!?....

Comment

Kovalev is a serious threat to Ward , he has the ability to throw short compact fight changing shots

Not comparing fighters bcse there's no comparison to Ward in terms of opponents faced but the top fighters have their strengths watch the Thompson fight the right hand he landed was brutal he throw it in close w/speed and generated KO power that punch would trouble anyone, Campillo fight the first KD was caused by a similar short power shot.

Comment

Hard to say until I see how Ward is at LHW. Ward would try and smother and hold and headbutt his way to victory. It would be ugly as hell with ward winning on points.

Comment

Ward would spoil the fight and win that one too IMHO.

Let's have either Froch-Kovalev, Froch-GGG, of Kovalev-GGG.

All great fights.

Comment

Kovalev has no chance against Ward, Wards skill set is a level above. Put kovalev in with froch that would be a hell of a fight, but froch wins that one imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X