No announcement yet.

Purses for Kessler and Magee.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purses for Kessler and Magee.

Mikkel Kessler is still a cash cow of the supermiddleweights. Danish tabloid ekstrabladet.dk today reports that defending champion Brian Magee gets 500,000 USD while Kessler gets 7 million DKK which is about 1,4 million USD.

Wow, nice one Magee.

His Danish exploits have really given him the dough he deserves for being such a solid pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Wow, nice one Magee.

His Danish exploits have really given him the dough he deserves for being such a solid pro.
      Magee definetely deserves to be paid. He is a solid Pro and an entertaining fighter. Now he gets the chance to upset the final dane. Not likely though.

Comment

nice looking paychecks for those boys. kessler making 1.4 million against a mcgee type fighter says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          nice looking paychecks for those boys. kessler making 1.4 million against a mcgee type fighter says a lot.
          These purses are pretty much equivalent with those of Dawson and Ward and that was on HBO. This says a lot of Kessler's drawing power that he can command such a purse fighting for a Mickey Mouse strap.

Comment

how do you say cash cow in dane?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              how do you say cash cow in dane?
              There is no particular word for it. Cash cow as well I guess.

Comment

Magee getting paid. Nice.

Would Froch and Kessler agree to a 50/50 split? I was hoping for Kessler/Abe so a unification between Froch and Kess would take place.

But in all circumstances, in the event that Froch still has his IBF title, and squares off against Mikkel after the Bute rematch, would Froch command more of the share being the titlist, or would Kessler use his drawing power to his advantage? I really hope the fight comes off for next year. Preferably in England.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                  Magee getting paid. Nice.

Would Froch and Kessler agree to a 50/50 split? I was hoping for Kessler/Abe so a unification between Froch and Kess would take place.

But in all circumstances, in the event that Froch still has his IBF title, and squares off against Mikkel after the Bute rematch, would Froch command more of the share being the titlist, or would Kessler use his drawing power to his advantage? I really hope the fight comes off for next year. Preferably in England.
                  I reckon that Froch as the champ would ask for more, but I don't think the fight will be made in England with less than a 50/50 split and that they will ultimately agree on that.

There's a big chance that the fight will be held in City Ground, Nottingham. Sauerland has said that that would be the most likely venue.

If ever there was a fight I'd like to travel to, this would be it.

Comment

well kess is the david beckham of denmark so to speak.

would have preferred him to take on AA. I think that would have given us a much better gauge of how much kessler has left.

hopefully froch kessler gets made for early 2013.

Comment

Working...
                    X