Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early stoppages here early stoppages there....EARLY STOPPAGES EVERYWHERE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No objection here. I probably won't know what to do if I were in one of those corners. In Viloria's case, it's useless because the power wasn't there, which is not the case in the Lemieux corner. The hope of seeing it unleashed any moment will always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      It's still a sport not Gladiators.

I'll take 100 early stoppages over another Magomed or Colon situation anyday. If a guy can't be competitive and fight back there is no reason to fight on.
      It all depends on what kind of stoppage. British stoppages, no ****in' thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        No objection here. I probably won't know what to do if I were in one of those corners. In Viloria's case, it's useless because the power wasn't there, which is not the case in the Lemieux corner. The hope of seeing it unleashed any moment will always be there.

That is taken away doe............

Comment

Standing 8 counts have been needed for ages, but there was no reason for the GGG or Gonzalez fights to continue past where they did.

I get it . . things like Weaver-Tate can happen, but I'm more in favor with a slightly early stoppage than a slightly late one.

These guys some times are too stubborn and tough for their own good.

Comment

lemiux stoppage was good

anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloodthirsty idiot

Comment

If its a one sided fight and somebody is taking a bad beating there is no point in letting it go on just to see a brutal knockout, at that point the outcome is obvious so I think its best to stop it before somebody gets seriously injured or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                No doubt. Those are different though because there is rarely any damage being inflicted. In Lemieux's case be was getting bloodied and beaten and showed no signs of being able to stage his own attack.

Comment

I thought both stoppages were OK to be honest. They could of gone on for a bit longer, but both fights were becoming one sided. (Even though Gonzalez took a good body shot not long before the stoppage).

Comment

Remember when a ref would say "show me something" if a fight looked like it was only ever going to go one way?

They should make it clear to the fighter that whatever they had in mind for the fight they are getting another 3 minutes to prove it's possible. I think it's better to go for broke and get knocked out than take round after round of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Care to explain???

Comment

Working...
                      X