No announcement yet.

Andre ward says he's ready and available to fight gennnady golovkin:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre ward says he's ready and available to fight gennnady golovkin:

"It's funny to me. I mean, when you look at the fight with GGG, it seems that the media, not including you of course, but they keep pushing the timeframe back. So last year, it was this year would've been a good time, and now this year, it's next year. When are people going to feel like that's a fight that they want to see," stated undefeated super middleweight king Andre Ward, who shared his thoughts on a potential showdown with undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. During a recent appearance on ESPN's SportsNation, Ward made it clear that he's more than willing to face the hard-hitting champion sooner rather than later.

"Hey, like I said earlier, Andre Ward, and yes, I went third person, I'm ready and I think if everybody comes to the table with a clear head and nobody is trying to dictate; I hear stuff in the media. They're trying to dictate and negotiate the fight through the media. That's rule number one. That's not going to work. You know, if you really want to fight, less talking in the media. Let's get the network involved, HBO, a great network, let's put it in their hands, put it in our teams hands; Andre Ward is available and we can make it happen," Ward explained. "At the end of the day, I see what's happening. I've been following this sport since I've been a baby; 20 years. They want Golovkin to smile and wave and be the pretty boy, and then the promoters, they do the tough talk. But then if I respond, then I'm the villain. Well I'm no villain. I've never built my career on that. So I'm very simple, but I also mean what I say. If GGG wants to fight, come from behind the promoter, come from behind the trainer, tell 'em to call HBO, I've already done that before I came on the show because I knew you guys were going to ask me this, and let's make it happen."
    SOURCE - http://www.fighthype.com/news/articl...edium=facebook

Ward takes a lot of pride in how he's built his career the right way, it's a shame he wasted a few years of it. He has the right attitude about the fight and I think they need to make it, there's too many mismatches.

Comment

Hey make it happen...whats the problem?

Comment

So he's saying Golovkin can't dictate anything, despite Ward being the less popular B-side who's drawing 300k viewers on free TV.

He's being nothing but a diva as usual, has to have his own way, his own ref, in his own town.

This is the same guy who says the media is pushing the fight into the future, yet he had his trainer say Ward needed 2-3 tuneups before a Golovkin fight?

Last edited by T18Z; 07-20-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

GGG's people are scared someone said yes probably. Its great to talk about how badass your guy is, but then when someone says "hold on" they probably **** in their pants a lil bit. The GGG train is under serious threat to be derailed if this fight goes down & they know it.

Hope this fight happens this year, but I think GGG's people are happy to be working with the guy who's juice isn't worth the squeeze yet & they wouldn't mind knocking down a few more nobodies on HBO for nice paydays before they start looking at fights that could risk GGG's zero & boxing's boogieman title. I'm sure GGG doesn't feel that way, this mfer bout to be the oldest notable guy in the sport not to have a notable career defining fight if he's not already that.

Comment

"They want Golovkin to smile and wave and be the pretty boy, and then the promoters, they do the tough talk. But then if I respond, then I'm the villain."

This is the truth. Same thing they did with Pacquiao. Nod and say you want the fight while your team prevents it behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Hey make it happen...whats the problem?
              The Triple Duck don't want none..

Comment

This fight needs to get made... Just let ward be the B-side

Comment

Boston Guy films Freedom's reaction to this news.....

Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-20-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

This fight needs to happen, plus pretty soon too. I'm talking November/December of this year or early next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X