Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does wlad now possess a tyson type aura?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Holes said Mike Tyson was the only fighter he was ever scared of.
    Besides weight class is irrlevant. Spinks was a cool character and was scared.

P.S - Wlad is somewhere around #20 for me.
    Can you eplain how he could possible surpass Joe Frazier etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Larry Holes said Mike Tyson was the only fighter he was ever scared of.
      Besides weight class is irrlevant. Spinks was a cool character and was scared.

P.S - Wlad is somewhere around #20 for me.
      Can you eplain how he could possible surpass Joe Frazier etc?
      Spinks was another LHW... and a decade-and-a-half older than Tyson... once again, not a very good argument as to how a legitimate HW (not LHW) top-contender was scared of Tyson.

Your top 10 must be very different than my top 10. Here is my top 10:

Marcianno
      Louis
      Lewis
      Ali
      Foreman
      Holmes
      Wlad
      Vitaly
      Schmeling
      Jhonson

Comment

• 1. Joe Louis
        2. Muhammad Ali
        3. Jack Johnson
        4. Larry Holmes
        5. Rocky Marciano
        6. George Foreman
        7. Sonny Liston
        8. Joe Frazier
        9. Jack Dempsey
        10. Jeffires
        11. Charles
        12. Lennox Lewis/ Mike Tyson
        13. Harry Wills
        14. Evander Holyfield/ Gene Tunney
        15. Floyd Patterson/ Jersey Joe Wallcot
        16. James J. Corbett
        17. Max Baer
        18. Max Schmeling
        19. Sam Langford
        20. Wladimir Klitchko/ Vitali Klitshko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
          And you just proved my point about you ppl that don't know the difference between physical and performance prime. He lost to Buster freakin Douglas, but whooped Tucker. And it's fact he didn't really train for the fight, got knocked down in sparring.

He couldn't take the intense training regimen it took to stay Kid Dynamite. Forceful, constant bobbing and weaving, combinations in association. Anybody who's taken up boxing knows that is the most physically demanding style with all the preslugging movement. If he was doing that **** against Buster no way he loses when he was still able to drop the guy with a single punch looking like crap, with a wack team.
          Performance prime? He was 24 years old and had only fought 52 rounds in nine title fights. He also never came close to taking a beating and really had a pretty easy ride up until that point. And even with the issues he may or may not have had Tyson was still a 42-1 favorite to win. And I have to be honest I am not a gambler but I would think even the odds makers, who make money on paying attention, didn't seem to concerned about Tyson not being in his performance prime. He was also in his third fight without Rooney and seemed to still be as dominate as ever. And by the way how good was Rooney? What other world class fighters did he train,Vinny Paz?

In closing I find it interesting that Even after twenty years Tyson's fans are still making excuses for him. And I may not of even had an issue with you making excuses but you act as if Douglas had nothing to do with the win. Well guess what? Surprise, surprise he sure did and he whopped Tyson's a$$. And just maybe if you continuously watch fight to the end of the eight round only, maybe you will than be able to get past that part of your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            Performance prime? He was 24 years old and had only fought 52 rounds in nine title fights. He also never came close to taking a beating and really had a pretty easy ride up until that point. And even with the issues he may or may not have had Tyson was still a 42-1 favorite to win. And I have to be honest I am not a gambler but I would think even the odds makers, who make money on paying attention, didn't seem to concerned about Tyson not being in his performance prime. He was also in his third fight without Rooney and seemed to still be as dominate as ever. And by the way how good was Rooney? What other world class fighters did he train,Vinny Paz?

In closing I find it interesting that Even after twenty years Tyson's fans are still making excuses for him. And I may not of even had an issue with you making excuses but you act as if Douglas had nothing to do with the win. Well guess what? Surprise, surprise he sure did and he whopped Tyson's a$$. And just maybe if you continuously watch fight to the end of the eight round only, maybe you will than be able to get past that part of your life.
            Yup performance prime. Using all the tools that brought him to the dance. Bobbing and weaving, combination punching, explosiveness. All 3 are already flat at this point in his career and lays credence to the training flimsiness. Who gives a sht what odds makers thought btw. It was Buster Douglas, who Tony Tucker KO'd - that Tyson soundly beat. That's all they needed to know.

Only thing that fight proved was to never let your guard down. As a fighter, never get lazy.. or you can have a night in Tokyo like Mike did. Tyson ran into a perfect storm of issues to get beat up.

Already in love with his power to the point he's throwing one punch at a time pretty much, not training like he originally used to, *****ing about running.

Then you have Buster who lost his mom and trains for the fight of his life.

And an unmotivated Tyson still put Buster on his ass with one punch. Mike's problem was always mental. He could've whooped anybody if he stayed flying straight in training. Height, reach, the jab.. none of it meant anything when he was a bob and weave monster. It reminds me of (even thought he's done now) how Ricky Hatton had 0 problems closing distance on a fighter no matter their speed attributes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              Yup performance prime. Using all the tools that brought him to the dance. Bobbing and weaving, combination punching, explosiveness. All 3 are already flat at this point in his career and lays credence to the training flimsiness. Who gives a sht what odds makers thought btw. It was Buster Douglas, who Tony Tucker KO'd - that Tyson soundly beat. That's all they needed to know.

Only thing that fight proved was to never let your guard down. As a fighter, never get lazy.. or you can have a night in Tokyo like Mike did. Tyson ran into a perfect storm of issues to get beat up.

Already in love with his power to the point he's throwing one punch at a time pretty much, not training like he originally used to, *****ing about running.

Then you have Buster who lost his mom and trains for the fight of his life.

And an unmotivated Tyson still put Buster on his ass with one punch. Mike's problem was always mental. He could've whooped anybody if he stayed flying straight in training. Height, reach, the jab.. none of it meant anything when he was a bob and weave monster. It reminds me of (even thought he's done now) how Ricky Hatton had 0 problems closing distance on a fighter no matter their speed attributes.
              Blah, blah, blah and more blah I will say one thing you sure have plenty of excuses for Tyson. Now I will state what I really think. Tyson was a decent fighter but he was a tad overrated because he had no clue how to fight going backwards. I just watched the fight and I also watched the Holmes and Ruddock fights and he fought the same way in the first rounds in all three of the fights. The difference being that Douglas hit him and hurt Tyson and backed him up as early as the second round. Tyson was totally befuddled and had no clue what to do and ended up getting his a$$ handed to him by a fighter who actually had better boxing skills. Douglas simply hurt Tyson and took him out of his game plan and then dominated him. I did not even give Tyson a round, hell even the eight round should have been scored even because Douglas dominated that round until the knock down. Now, I am done.

Comment

Working...
              X