Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Alexander and could even break down Bradley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    maidana gets outboxed by them both.
    Maidana's right is faster than people think, and Bradley hit him a lot. Bradley has a telegraphed right too, and tagged him a lot, Maidana would put him to sleep.

Kotelnik showed me his flaws, but I saw them before with Witter, and Bradley just won it.

Alexander won't be able to outbox him, he pureply relies on his power to win him fight, you could even say Margarito style. If he can't hurt you, then you have a chance to win like Williams and Pac.

Comment

Bradley-Maidana looks a lot like Bradley-Abregu.

Bradley by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
        Maidana's right is faster than people think, and Bradley hit him a lot. Bradley has a telegraphed right too, and tagged him a lot, Maidana would put him to sleep.

Kotelnik showed me his flaws, but I saw them before with Witter, and Bradley just won it.

Alexander won't be able to outbox him, he pureply relies on his power to win him fight, you could even say Margarito style. If he can't hurt you, then you have a chance to win like Williams and Pac.
        Well Tim also has faster hands than Maidana.

As much as I like Maidana Devon boxes Maidana's head off.

And Devon and Tim also have much better chins than Khan.
        Last edited by Shabba Rank$; 01-30-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

IMO, Bradley can actually set his right hand up well against other orthodox fighters. He starts with a jab or feint to the body and brings the right hand behind it, the opponent doesn't see it.

Obviously this wasn't the case last night against a southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            Bradley has shown that he's able to effectively turn his opponents and keep them off balance. Bradley has a good jab, if he follows a good game plan and with his conditioning, I'd favor him.

Will there be interesting moments in the fight? Sure and I wouldn't rule Maidana out completely with his power.
            I agree his jab is decent, but Khan has a better one, and more speed and always took a shot back if he was too close with his jab.

Maidana has some boxing skills, he can time you and has a decent jab himself.

Bradley is physically strong, but IMO Maidana is also.

The conditionining of Bradley is top, he goes all Vegan and looks like a beast. He does follow a game plan, but it's basically pressure, pressure, pressure.

I doubt his power is enough to stop Maidana not throwing.

Abregu is a bum IMO, Maidana has more skill.

Comment

maidana KO's alexander

bradley fight is harder to predict especially with flying lunging headbutts

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
                Well Tim also has faster hands than Maidana.

As much as I like Maidana Devon boxes Maidana's head off.
                I know that Bradley is faster, but he coems in and doesn't get out. He goes to the inside and Maidana doesn't mind that at all.

IMO, Bradley can actually set his right hand up well against other orthodox fighters. He starts with a jab or feint to the body and brings the right hand behind it, the opponent doesn't see it.

Obviously this wasn't the case last night against a southpaw.
                Yes I realise that he does this a lot. This is the point where he will get tagged himself. Maidana has decent power on both hands, and since Bradley coems in, and often he has this loping right shot, like he used VS Abrugu, however Maidana uses both hands well and is not bad at countering.

Comment

I agree his jab is decent, but Khan has a better one, and more speed and always took a shot back if he was too close with his jab.

Maidana has some boxing skills, he can time you and has a decent jab himself.

Bradley is physically strong, but IMO Maidana is also.

The conditionining of Bradley is top, he goes all Vegan and looks like a beast. He does follow a game plan, but it's basically pressure, pressure, pressure.

I doubt his power is enough to stop Maidana not throwing.

Abregu is a bum IMO, Maidana has more skill.
                  Khan has a faster jab, but at the same time, Khan isn't as smart as Bradley in the ring and hasn't shown that he can adjust that well when he's had to. Plus, he wastes a lot of energy moving around the ring, that's part of the reason as to why he was doing progressively worse during the fight. I'd take Bradley's conditioning over his.

Bradley can do more than just apply all out pressure, I don't think he would. But as I said, there'd be some interesting moments.

Comment

Alexander does not move enough, in fact his footwork is poor. The guy is in range but doesn't move, and out of range but still there. He mvoes backwards in straight lines, and he will get walked down for sure.

Maidana would break this guy who has his hands low. Bang, he aint gonna take that punishment, in fact he is a quitter.

Then Bradley, IMO, he is too aggressive, if you are gonna walk down and try and fight Maidana on the inside, he will tag you with full power all day long. He can take shots, and fairly powerful ones, and Bradley does not have the power. His body movement is good, and he has decent feet, and combo's, but he is wild, and will get tagged.
                    Personally, I agree, but I still think that Bradley deserves to be considered on the top of the division. I think that he gets beaten by both Maidana and Khan - more Maidana than Khan due to the style - but he's done enough to deserve that respect, for me.

Comment

Khan has a faster jab, but at the same time, Khan isn't as smart as Bradley in the ring and hasn't shown that he can adjust that well when he's had to. Plus, he wastes a lot of energy moving around the ring, that's part of the reason as to why he was doing progressively worse during the fight. I'd take Bradley's conditioning over his.

Bradley can do more than just apply all out pressure, I don't think he would. But as I said, there'd be some interesting moments.
                      Can you list me what he does that is smart?

I see Bradley using body movement, maybe a few feints etc... but I can't see him as smart.

I see him much like Shane Mosely, a brawler, with skills. Minus the power.

Comment

Working...
                      X