No announcement yet.

Did Floyd ruin Ricky Hatton's life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
    Did Hatton retire after Pac or Floyd fight?
    Hatton defeated Lazcano by UD and won by tko against Malignaggi. Was this after Pac or Floyd fight?
    Which lost made Pac or Floyd an alcoholic or a druggie?
    This is how that sentence should've gone.

"The ref helped Hatton defeat Lazcano by UD"

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      This is how that sentence should've gone.

"The ref helped Hatton defeat Lazcano by UD"
      Yes the ref untied Hatton's lace. LOL GTFO moron,

Comment

No Hatton Ruined Hatton because of his lack of Defense and Head Movement, you even seen it in this fight, he just tries to get shots off and he could care less about Defense

That caught up with him late in the fight with Mayweather, then with Pacquiao

Fans love face first fighters and guys who just throws Power Shots and nothing in between but that style is not made to last long in boxing

That Defense comes in handy especially when you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Yes the ref untied Hatton's lace. LOL GTFO moron,
          Yeah, it wasn't Hatton's laces that got Hatton Wobbling. great timing ref

Comment

You can't just attribute Ricky's downward spiral to one factor.

And **** you for trying to make Floyd that one factor.

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
            I have a hard time believing Floyd can take somebody's sould with the way he fights. If anything he leaves you frustrated. He could have affected his confidence, but the Malignaggi fight prob brought it back.
            Taking someone's confidence is, in this case, taking someone's soul.

It's a very frustrating experience to be in the same relatively small square as someone and not being able to land a thing. It can make you doubt your worth especially when most of it is built on your career as a boxer.

Comment

I think the that British fighters can suffer a little from the comforting bubble of their hero status in the UK. They become superstars in front of huge crowds in their home cities and get the sense of being 'the man', and they understandably get wrapped up in that image of their own success.

Guys who make it to the top in the US never really have that unless they beat a lot of world level competition first. How many American based fighters of Ricky Burn's calibre will draw 20,000 fans? How many of them will get that kind of acclaim at home for beating opponents like Kevin Mitchell?

In a way, I think it can make British fighters a little soft. They cross the Atlantic and they meet guys who have often come up an awful lot harder, have made less money, and are often of better quality to boot. A guy like Hatton was a king in the UK, he was an 'opponent' in Vegas, the footnote to some other guy's glory. Naz is a slightly different case, because some people would argue he was done already, but I think it could be argued that Barrera took his soul and made him look ordinary, or worse. A hell of a fall from where he was.

Some guys struggle with it. All of them miss the days where they were the golden boy, and some of them can't live without it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToPRaNK View Post
                not rly, it was after the floyd fight when you started seeing all the pictures of hatton binge drinking on the net.
                You are competely wrong, Hatton had always been like that.

His nickname in England for years (well before the Floyd fight) was Ricky Fatton. I think the way Ricky went about his career meant he was his own worst enemy, he didn't take care of himself in between fights and he was wearing down his natural skills and fitness through abuse of his body and then losing it all to get to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  I think the that British fighters can suffer a little from the comforting bubble of their hero status in the UK. They become superstars in front of huge crowds in their home cities and get the sense of being 'the man', and they understandably get wrapped up in that image of their own success.

Guys who make it to the top in the US never really have that unless they beat a lot of world level competition first. How many American based fighters of Ricky Burn's calibre will draw 20,000 fans? How many of them will get that kind of acclaim at home for beating opponents like Kevin Mitchell?

In a way, I think it can make British fighters a little soft. They cross the Atlantic and they meet guys who have often come up an awful lot harder, have made less money, and are often of better quality to boot. A guy like Hatton was a king in the UK, he was an 'opponent' in Vegas, the footnote to some other guy's glory. Naz is a slightly different case, because some people would argue he was done already, but I think it could be argued that Barrera took his soul and made him look ordinary, or worse. A hell of a fall from where he was.

Some guys struggle with it. All of them miss the days where they were the golden boy, and some of them can't live without it.
                  Hatton would bring 10,000 fan to Vegas, I think your Hatton metaphor for British fighters is wrong in Hatton's case. He was very comfortable coming to the US because it was almost like he was fighting in the USA with the amount of fans he brought to vegas.

You are right though, British fighters are brought up in their own popularity bubble for the most part. But Hatton fought in vegas as the headline quite often.

Hatton fought Tszyu and Maussa in England then fought Collazo, Urango, Castillo, Floyd, Malignaggi and Pacquiao all in the USA.

Comment

Nope, it was a combination of pacs fight. Change of trainer, bad camp tried to change style.

Comment

There were 3 factors that really ruined Ricky Hatton career as an elite fighter and it goes like this:

1. Pacquiao

2. Ring Post

3. Froid Pedweather

Comment

Working...
                      X