Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: HBO wants to go straight to Rios-Gamboa, No interest in Doubleheader(Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon, we all know Bob. he would never put two of his cash cows together in a fight without first milking them against 2nd tier opponents.

Comment

Jangles, wanna bet? Huh, huh? C'mon lets bet pleassssssssssse!!

Comment

this is ****ed up... gamboa needs to at least get a tune up at 135 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by money.j-210 View Post
          bob arum knows theirs no money in gamboa so hes gonna sacrifice him to rios...funny if it back fires on him... this is good tho
          I heard it was Gamboa who asked for this fight. I'm pretty sure Bob isn't forcing him to take it. And still, Gamboa is an undefeated crowd pleaser, there's no harm in him winning. Don't count Gamboa out-if he can add the weight appropriately, he'll be game.

Comment

Fuck Arum's doubleheaders. All they do is drain the fans' time and money.

Comment

So Gamboa would just jump right into 135?!?

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
                Fuck Arum's doubleheaders. All they do is drain the fans' time and money.
                It's not necessarily a bad idea and it's been done for many years in Boxing. Especially for guys like Gamboa and Rios who in the Boxing world are known but not remotely close to being known in the big scheme of things, a HBO double header would more than likely help try to push the inevitable fight. Cotto vs Gomez / Margarito vs Cintron and Trinidad vs Joppy and Hopkins vs Holmes are examples of the double header scenario.

Comment

gamboa is crazy if he takes this fight without fighting at 130/135 first.

As fan of both gamboa & rios I don't like it one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    gamboa is crazy if he takes this fight without fighting at 130/135 first.

As fan of both gamboa & rios I don't like it one bit.
                    I agree..............

Comment

From what I see this looks like Arums attempt to create a star to match up with Pacquiao in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X